Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Re: Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR

InsideOut said:
Looks great Tom!

How do you access the tubes?
The whole power amp module easily slides out using the handles once you've removed 4 screws. There is 1 connector that attaches the amp to the speaker system. The tubes are easy to access once the electronics chassis is out.

Picture illustrates:

-TK

Attachments

• FR Front Angle (web).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 256

hp/mp said:
So if you are on the waiting list/pre-ordered, the ARFR will arrive sometime after the first week of September... When will the public be able to order them from Fractal/what timeframe will the ARFR ship to them?
It looks like the run might sell out before it arrives at this rate but we're already ordering more. If there are units left over after the wait list orders then they will be filled as soon as the wait list orders have shipped.

-TK

MisterE said:
Thanks for the update Tom, much appreciated.
Any idea what these will go for here in Europe and when they will be available over here?
Will it be the same time as the States or later?
They should hit in both places at around the same time.

-TK

Mark Cullen said:
Awesome! Can't wait to be jamming thru two of these!
Larry Mitchell did a clinic the other week with a stereo pair. It was sweet!!! :mrgreen:

Will the passive versions also be available then?
Any idea what these will go for?

Tom King said:
[quote="hp/mp":2is3w6w1]So if you are on the waiting list/pre-ordered, the ARFR will arrive sometime after the first week of September... When will the public be able to order them from Fractal/what timeframe will the ARFR ship to them?
It looks like the run might sell out before it arrives at this rate but we're already ordering more. If there are units left over after the wait list orders then they will be filled as soon as the wait list orders have shipped.

-TK[/quote:2is3w6w1]

Sweet! this looks great :)

Will the first batch include orders through G66 as well as US orders?

Thanks

Spence

paulmapp8306 said:
How much in Europe?

I went onto a list with G66 in November. Does that list still count?
EU price will be announced shortly by G66. I'm sure they will honor all properly submitted requests.

xpenno said:
Tom King said:
[quote="hp/mp":q7jwdn4t]So if you are on the waiting list/pre-ordered, the ARFR will arrive sometime after the first week of September... When will the public be able to order them from Fractal/what timeframe will the ARFR ship to them?

-TK

Sweet! this looks great :)

Will the first batch include orders through G66 as well as US orders?

Thanks

Spence[/quote:q7jwdn4t]
Yes, US and EU will most likely ship at approximately the same time and from the same production run.

-TK

Tube Life:

Any information on the number and type of tubes used and expected tube life? Do the tubes have to be matched? Is there bias compensation that needs to be done every so often?

I've been told that most power tubes are good for 1-1.5 years at 'moderate' use. I was wondering whether the power tubes in the atomic might not last longer because presumably that are being used predominantly in the linear region rather than being pushed into high-gain, overloaded conditions which probably degrade tubes at a faster rate. Most of this is conjecture on my part ... anyone have any real info on this?

Thanks ...

An interesting question, which might bring up more (tube life).

I'll assume that under these conditions, the tubes should last fairly long (quality tubes).

Are there any bias points that we can use? Or can we pop any matched set in there and go?

Beg forgiveness if this is somewhere in this 55 + page thread...

quark said:
Tube Life:

Any information on the number and type of tubes used and expected tube life? Do the tubes have to be matched? Is there bias compensation that needs to be done every so often?

I've been told that most power tubes are good for 1-1.5 years at 'moderate' use. I was wondering whether the power tubes in the atomic might not last longer because presumably that are being used predominantly in the linear region rather than being pushed into high-gain, overloaded conditions which probably degrade tubes at a faster rate. Most of this is conjecture on my part ... anyone have any real info on this?

Thanks ...
The tube compliment is 2 JJ brand 6L6GCs and 1 12AX7. JJ rates the power tubes at 1000 hours. The 12AX7 is acting as a phase inverter and will potentially last for many years.

electronpirate said:
Are there any bias points that we can use? Or can we pop any matched set in there and go?
There is a bias test point and easy to reach adjustment pot. In order to run optimally and safely, all class A/B amps should have their bias checked upon changing tubes regardless of whether they are matched or not.

Back
Top Bottom