Zeppelin Heartbreaker Solo

Page's style is a bit difficult for me. I couldn't get the slop right ;)
Happily Page's style is difficult for you, I can't imagine what your sample should be if not!!!
I wish I had the same difficulties w/ monster's styles like this one .. Maybe then I'd be a guitarist.
You're great steadystate !!! You're simply great 8)

Aaahhhh!!!

Hearing what the exact rig that I have can do in proper hands confirms that it is my limitations and not the gear (not that I was ever confused about this).
Coming from someone who has tried and not yet succeeded, I really appreciate the talent on display here. It gives me this strange kind of polarity where I want to pick up a guitar and play but is depressing at the same time.

You sir are officially onto the secrets and frustrations of "life as a non-virtuoso guitarist." Welcome aboard. - LOL!

Does anyone know if the "supertweed" is going to be ported eventually to the AxeFxII? This is the amp steadystate used in the Ultra to get his great Heartbreaker amp tone. This demo clip alone IMHO is probably one of the best examples of the capabilities and potential (realized) of the Axe-Fx line of processors.

If not, has something in the AxeFxII replaced it, or is a close replacement?

Verry nice. What's the guitar?
Carvin DC-127 with Duncan Custom Custom bridge pickup.

Ultra. Supertweed. 1x12 Tweed IR for the solo (I think). Don't remember off-hand what I used for the intro/outro. The rest is in the eq.

I love me my Supertweed. Ain't gonna give it up not for no II nohow. No way else to summon the swamp creature to muse the blues with me, ain't no lie.

Carvin DC-127 with Duncan Custom Custom bridge pickup.

Ultra. Supertweed. 1x12 Tweed IR for the solo (I think). Don't remember off-hand what I used for the intro/outro. The rest is in the eq.

I love me my Supertweed. Ain't gonna give it up not for no II nohow. No way else to summon the swamp creature to muse the blues with me, ain't no lie.

Great! I guess a 1959 Les Paul is not needed then!

(Or a Tele through a Supro...)

No *way* you're a Nevada native. I'm guessing Gulf coast somewheres. If not, then props for copin' that mojo, too. :)

Amazing job, but that goes entirely without saying. My question is this...Was there a mic in the room picking up the acoustic sound of your electric guitar? I swear that I hear some in there in the very beginning of the clip and it adds a beautiful touch. If not, I must be hearing things. But either way, great job all the way around on this.

Amazing job, but that goes entirely without saying. My question is this...Was there a mic in the room picking up the acoustic sound of your electric guitar? I swear that I hear some in there in the very beginning of the clip and it adds a beautiful touch. If not, I must be hearing things. But either way, great job all the way around on this.
No mic. Completely direct. That effect is Cliff's amazing reverb algorithm.

Like someone else said - if you told me this was the original I'd have believed you. Great shot man! Now post the patch or I'll send the ghost of Aleister Crowley round to sort you out!

Back
Top Bottom