ZenRigs.com goes live Sunday 2nd July! WIN FREE STUFF!!!

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi folks!

I'm really excited to say that, finally, ZenRigs.com will go live tomorrow, Sunday 2nd July! Likely to be late in the evening UK time, so early evening for my US brothers and sisters. Still some work to do on the site, but all looking good to launch tomorrow and can't wait for you all to check out the new stuff, including redesigned UniSurrounds for the latest version of KickTags labels.

To celebrate the launch, I'm running a fun little competition - here's what you can win:

1) A GloRiser of your choice, including light and remote control

2) A very handy ZenLight Pedalboard LED torch

3) A pack of funky ZenPicks.​

To enter, all you have to do is drop me an email with the subject 'I love kebab - give me free stuff!' to sukh@zenrigs.com and I'll enter you for the draw, which will take place on Sunday 9th July. I'll notify the winner via email and post here too.

And if you've been super cool and already ordered stuff before the draw, if you win the prize, I'll refund the price of those bits if you've bought them (plus shipping), or add them to your order, for free, if you haven't. Simple!

So, Like and Email away - and good luck!!

I'll be around on live chat on the ZenRigs.com site tomorrow evening, once it's live, so please feel free to stop in for a natter at any time.

Cheers!
Sukh

ZenRigs%20launch%20competition%20mailshot_zpsxifdr6er.jpg

Ladies and gents, I'm beyond excited to let you know that ZenRigs.com is now LIVE!
Thanks to everyone for your patience. I hope you like the new site :)

It's all ready to go at www.zenrigs.com

Cheers!
Sukh

Ok Folks! It's time for the Prize Draw for the ZenRigs launch competition!!!

Thank you to everyone that entered the competition and had a bit of fun at the same time. Entry was simple - you just had to send me an email with the subject "I love kebab - give me free stuff!!" and, amazingly, over 400 people entered!

The entries were hilarious to read, with many embellishing their email with all kinds of funny stuff and kebab related humour - thank you for getting in the spirit of things!!

SO.... onto the draw..

Remember, the winner gets:

1 GloRiser of their choice, plus light and remote
1 ZenLight - pedalboard torch
Some groovy ZenPicks

Here's what they look like...

bxA9ZvB.jpg

I loaded all the names into a 'randomiser' app, developed by the good folks at my day job. I hit the 'pick a winner' button at 10:30pm UK Time and can let you know that the winner is.....

RICH BRYMER!! (@richb)

Congratulations Rich, and a huge thanks to everyone that entered. I've emailed you all with a little something from me as a thanks for taking part and getting into the spirit of things.

On the road for a few days for a mini-tour with my charity-fundraising band, so won't be checking in much - if you see @richb give him a high 5 from me.

Cheers all!
Sukh (www.ZenRigs.com)

Thank you so much for all your hard work and for all you do for all of us that want to push our gear into sonic bliss!!!
You Rock Sukh!!!
Richb

I want to get my hands on some of those picks!
Hey! If all u want is picks, don't order via the store or you'll get stung for crazy shipping - just drop me a note and I'll sort u out :)

(Sukh@zenrigs.com)

Last edited:
Sukh, a few questions.
1) Are the glo risers daisy chainable?
2) In the video on your site, what are 3 switches for at the upper right (D1, D2, and the clock?)
3) What kind of pedalboard is that?
4) Have you considered risers for the FX8/AX8? :)

Sukh, a few questions.
2) In the video on your site, what are 3 switches for at the upper right (D1, D2, and the clock?)

Hey mate! Thanks for the questions - here are some answers for you...

The lights are separate, with individual 2.1mm barrel sockets for power per light, with integrated driver and remote sensor. By daisy-chaining, if you mean wiring them together to run of a single power connection, I don't know if that's possible - but I do know of someone that is powering 4 lights from a single rechargeable usb power bank, which he says works fine. I run mine separately from a Voodoo PP2+ power supply, but have also used the GloJuice Battery Boxes to power multiple lights too.

The D1 and D2 are rotary expression controllers - had them for years (they were from Mission but I think they discontinued them). I use them to control Delay mix for my crunch and lead delays (I use 2 delays per patch). This way I can adjust them as necessary to sound 'right' at any venue we play, or just as the mood takes me. I use morphing patches (e.g. crunch to lead, clean to crunch etc) and D1 always controls the delay mix for the base patch, D2 controls the delay level for the morphed version.

The clock is just a clock! Handy to have on the pedalboard. I got it from DS Engineering and it's called the Chronograph.

It's a Temple Audio Trio 28. Great board :)

Indeed I have.... still not quite sure on those for a few reasons, but I know how I'd do it... still thinking on it, so watch this space. Been asked about it by a few folks now, so it might happen if I can work out a viable/not insanely costly way to do it!

Hope that helps - but shout if there's anything else I can tell u (either here, or u can mail me at sukh@zenrigs.com). I'm thinking of doing a vid showing the full build and thinking behind my board soon - will post here when I get it done!!

Cheers bud.
Sukh

The lights are separate, with individual 2.1mm barrel sockets for power per light, with integrated driver and remote sensor. By daisy-chaining, if you mean wiring them together to run of a single power connection, I don't know if that's possible - but I do know of someone that is powering 4 lights from a single rechargeable usb power bank, which he says works fine. I run mine separately from a Voodoo PP2+ power supply, but have also used the GloJuice Battery Boxes to power multiple lights too.

I'm the guy with 4 LED strips... Although I bought mine separately, and my GloRisers are currently en route :)

You can definitely daisy chain them together, BUT if you buy GloRisers from Sukh with integrated LEDs they are wired up to be separate.

What I did was to buy a kit intended for "ambience" lighting behind a flat screen TV. It came with 4 20" LED strips, 1 controller unit, 1 remote and some connector pins.

The challenge with daisy chaining in conjunction with GloRisers is that there is only 1 place for the strip to "exit" the riser, so it isn't really practical. Also, when chained, all the strips use the same color or pattern.

So, I bought an LED strip splitter that goes from 1 connector to 5.

This allows me to use 1 power source (USB battery), and one controller for up to 5 strips. I like the USB battery because it's easy to recharge and readily available.

That is all you need if you want all your strips the same color...

But I think I want to have each GloRiser use a distinct color to match the pedal color... So, I will probably buy 3 more (non wireless) controllers and a USB battery that has 4 ports and also a much higher power capacity so I can do that.

The LED strip kit I bought was less than $20 on Amazon, and the splitter was $6-8...

Edit:

From what I've seen you probably could easily connect all the barrel connectors to a daisy chain cable for those connectors.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm still working on my pedalboard design and am unsure if/how I want to do any LED lighting. It sure looks cool and a lot my stuff needs some kind of riser anyway. The pedals don't need much rise, but other stuff definitely does. IDK. I'll know more when I finish my design.

Back
Top Bottom