Zen drive sim compared to the pedal

gsegal

Inspired
I know this is kind of early for this but has anyone compared the sim to an actual zen drive pedal? I'm currently out of town and didn't get to play with it yet and I would be greatful for a feed back.

I have an Ecstasy, not a Zendrive. But the v.7 Zendrive sounds a LOT like my Ecstasy, which makes me a very happy man! It is very smooth and transparent, a truly great addition IMO.

My initial impression was that it was quite a bit more grainy than the real deal. I'll have to download the non-beta FW and revisit the patch to be sure. Most of my ZD experience was into a Fender Hot Rod Deville and the patch where I tried it was the clean Dumble.

I never owned one but heard the clips on Youtube and it's sounds warm and squishy, I'm curious if anyone owns one to compare back to back.

I know this is kind of early for this but has anyone compared the sim to an actual zen drive pedal?
I'm so happy this was added.

I put it on the wish list a while back and am really glad Cliff decided to add it. Can't wait to try it against my Zendrive.

Yea, I was just about to pull the trigger on a Zendrive, but when I heard it was coming out in 7, I waited. This upgrade could save me ~$250 :)

Be really interested in anyone who has one who could do some A/B testing and report...

Got some more time with it tonight. Dialed in a patch (Robbin' Ford) and uploaded to Axechange.

I'll have to break out my ZD some time but I still don't get out of the model what I recall from the real thing. I think I need some more time turning knobs to get a good feel for the different parameters. Still sounds good and has great touch sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom