Zach Myers noticed my Axe-Fx II & MFC-101!

GotMetalBoy

Power User
Zach Myers is playing an acoustic show tonight in Rochester NY at the Montage Music Hall and he noticed me setting up my Axe-Fx II & MFC-101. We had a good chat about gear. He's a really cool guy.

I'm playing guitar for a female vocalist named Michele Sestito. We go on 2nd in about 20min. Wish us luck!

----------
Here are some videos of Michele Sestito & I playing at the Montage Music Hall on Friday December 6, 2013

Full Set Video:
1. Broken Wings Fly
2. My Song To You
3. Ready
4. Shadows Dancing

Here's a video of Michele Sestito & I playing the song "My Song To You". The person that posted this video has more videos on their YouTube Channel for the other bands that played that night too, so check them out!

My Song To You

Last edited:
The show turned out pretty good. I hit a few bad notes bc the sound was pretty bad coming through the monitors, so I couldn't hear myself at all and a lot of camera flashes were going off along w/ the bright lights blinding me.

Here's a Video of Michele Sestito & I playing the song "My Song To You" at the Montage Music Hall on Friday December 6, 2013. The person that posted this video has more videos on their YouTube Channel for the other bands that played that night too, so check them out!

I have a video of our full set that I'll hopefully post in a few days if I can find time in my busy schedule.

Also, Zach thanked Matt Picone for all his help setting up his FAS rig for Shinedown. He said when he first got his Axe-Fx II he loved it but now he just likes it. I asked him what issues he had & he got his FAS rig when the old version of Axe-Edit wasn't working, so he had tons of problems with it. He didn't know a new functioning version of Axe-Edit was out, so I told him to go check it out and too also check out Fedit ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/63762-fedit-mfc-101-editor-available.html ) to program his MFC-101. I told him how I setup all my presets with Axe-Edit & Fedit 30min before the show and had no issues.

I think FAS makes great products but they are a little slow about updating manuals and sharing info in one centralized location. They should really have a known bugs document & include the Firmwares Release_Notes in the support page section bc a lot of people don't know how to or have time to search & read through the forums. Stephen Carpenter from Deftones has also run into some issues with his FAS rig and talks a little about it in his Rig Rundown: ( Rig Rundown - Deftones' Stephen Carpenter & Sergio Vega | Premier Guitar ). I'm sure that is some of the issues Dino Cazares had too ( News ). I hate hearing professionals talk about issues with FAS gear bc it really is the best out there, it just needs to be more user friendly.

Back
Top Bottom