Your favorite musicgear buying websites?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
What are the places that offer good prices for music gear?

My favorites are
Musiciansfriend.com - a lot of discounts
Musictoyz.com - usually 15% off for pedals
Hellomusic.com - great prices too

At the moment i'm looking for Strymon Mobius deal, but i can't find a website that would offer discount for this thing.

I'm living in Switzerland, so: Thomann and Music Store. And when it comes to Swiss shops, probably MusiX and House of Sound.

I'm in EU too, but sometimes i have friends traveling to/from US, so both continents are on my radar :)

Thomann is good, also Andertons in UK has some good deals, and better shipping prices than Thomann .

I look at Amazon first, since the lowest prices seem to show up there. Then they have the list of online sites that sell the gear.

I also have a long standing account with Sweetwater.com and always use the same rep. He's made me several good deals that weren't available elsewhere.

Sweetwater is the only place I can buy from anymore. I worked at both big box retailers around here and its just....not cool what goes on.

Yea SW is killing it with customer service. However, i tend to buy used as much as possible. Everything is half the price usually. Figure if I gotta pay to get it fixed so be it I'll take my chances.

I hear GC is going out of business or on the way anyhow. I will say they are nice to have around to put your hands on stuff before you buy and for emergency pickups.

What, nobody mentioned the FAS site?! I have to say recently made a few purchases with Sweetwater and they have become my goto now as well. The one on one engagement, price matching, warranty, shipping, and technical follow-up were necessary is pretty top notch.

Also a few ebay stores are also pretty decent... Selling "demo" (wink wink new) gear at a decent clip below minimum advertised pricing policies.

I generally go to Sweetwater. I have my sales rep guy who takes care of me. There was another place in Wisconsin or Michigan. I can't remember the name, it's been too long. But every time I called or checked they always gave me a better price right out of the gate.

I'm in EU too, but sometimes i have friends traveling to/from US, so both continents are on my radar :)

Thomann is good, also Andertons in UK has some good deals, and better shipping prices than Thomann .

With Thomann if you spend over €215 shipping is always free.
I got a 4x 12 cabinet last year for €370 and shipping was free.
Weighed 45kg.

Luckily for me, the German border is not far away from my place. Shipping to a German destination is always free with Thomann and Music Store ;).

Sweetwater is the only place I can buy from anymore. I worked at both big box retailers around here and its just....not cool what goes on.
Sweetwater is the BEST. I used to shop the famous '48th Street' in NYC, but it's been decimated, and service and selection had tanked anyway. I didn't find the folks at Musician's Friend or American Musical Supply as intelligent, honest, creative, or engaged as the folks @ Sweetwater. I get very good, well-reasoned, and HONEST advice from my Sweetwater Sales Rep (Ted Hunter X1397), and their tech support people as well. They also treat their employees well. They take back whatever I don't like (I recently auditioned monitors and mics and sent the lot back before I finally found a mic I like - see my review for the Mojave MA-300). Shipping is free to me, and I pay return shipping, which seems quite fair. All in all, they provide a great experience. That said, I still frequent some small shops near me from time to time, and I have all mods and repairs done @ 30th St. Guitars in Manhattan. Matt, the chief repairman there, is a very nice guy who does great work...

I find myself going between Sweetwater and SoundPure. I got a great deal at Sweetwater on an RME HDSPe MADI card and a great deal from SoundPure on a Lynx Aurora 16 with LT-MADI card. American Musical Supply is a good alternative.

I am in the market for some near-fields and 8-channel mic pres. I e-mailed details about my room, mics, etc. looking for a recommendation on monitors to audition and SoundPure got right back to me. Still waiting on my rep at Sweetwater which is kind of annoying. Normally he's been responsive so maybe there is something else going on.

I guess I'm a die hard brick and mortar guy when it comes to music gear . Unless online is the only option . The only music stuff Ive bought online was my axefx and two of my Carvins so fractalaudio.com and Carvin.com are MY favorites.
I like to be able to see and touch / play with stuff .

I buy from Sweetwater as much as I can. The customer service is hard to beat. They also have some nice sales and financing deals if you keep your eye out for them. I returned a USA PRS once and had no issues whatsoever. My sales engineer was very understanding and didn't put up a fight at all.

Musician's Friend pissed me off last year when I bought a PRS SE that shipped without a gig bag. The bag was indicated as "included" in the item description and was shown in the pictures. When I called them they said "the gig bag is no longer offered with that guitar" and they gave me $30 store credit. Screw the credit, I wanted the bag. The SEs come with nice gig bags and there's no way I could get an equivalent for $30. Funny that just about every other PRS dealer still sells the SEs with gig bags included.

AMS customer service has been plain rude to me in the past but overall I'd say I've gotten mediocre service from them.

Never had an issue with Amazon and I do like ordering from them.

I've also ordered from Music123, ZZounds, and Guitar Center online and never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom