Your favorite IR(s) for 'Leslie' simulation using 'rotary' block...

BillyZeppa

Power User
I'm looking to recreate the sound of a 'Leslie' (for Hammond organ).
So what is your favorite IR or IRs, or what would you recommend for use with the 'rotary' block? I see no reference to IR in the block so am assuming we need to provide that, and also assuming it goes best before the block. :geek

I just use whatever ir I'd use with the amp normally and add the rotary block after. Then i tweak the rotary block parameters till I get a sound I'm happy with.

I just use whatever ir I'd use with the amp normally and add the rotary block after. Then i tweak the rotary block parameters till I get a sound I'm happy with.

Ya, that sounds about right for a guitar, but i'm setting up for a Hammond organ. I am wondering if i should be thinking about running two separate cabs into two 'rotary' blocks, or if i should try to get even closer to a real Leslie by doing IRs of a real Leslie.
I think you could create two IRs - a horn IR, and woofer IR, and then drive them into two 'rotary's to emulate the two rotation rates for woofer and horn in a real Leslie. The only problem is, i doubt anyone has an IR of Leslie horn or woofer, and it's been a while since i've seen a real Leslie kicking about, or i'd just try it. In fact i doubt anyone has an IR of a horn speaker at all... :congratulatory: Anybody?

Yeah, with the rotary simulating a Leslie, an IR is unnecessary, IMO.
Of course, you can still use an IR if you like.

Back
Top Bottom