I'd take my rosewood EBMM Axis SuperSport. The neck fits my hand perfectly. It sounds great and covers a lot of ground timbre-wise. The truss rod adjustment wheel makes neck adjustments a breeze (important given the humidity you're likely to find on a desert island).

The only thing I'd change on it would be slightly larger SS frets. I have 'em on my Driskill and really like 'em.

Axis.png

Hmmm... While I haven't played it yet (eBay order shipped yesterday) I have a feeling the EBMM JP6 is going to be the greatest guitar I've ever touched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think I should put this on the internet, but I kind of had a wet dream the other night about a suhr classic. Kind of disturbing as I'm getting a little old, and have never played a suhr. But I did just get a used carvin haybag guitar, which I think will work out nicely. It's got nickel frets but they'll do, just like my other carvins 8) So put me down with a Carvin, or maybe a Benedetto Bambino.

hey man carvins w/ SS frets are just as nice as suhrs and half the cost :D love that contour 66

Hmmm... While I haven't played it yet (eBay order shipped yesterday) I have a feeling the EBMM JP6 is going to be the greatest guitar I've ever touched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love everything about the JP6. Fun guitar! There's a Tahoe Blue one at my local store that I had a hard time putting back on the rack. I couldn't buy it because I have a JPXI coming in next week. That said, my desert island guitar at the moment is my Les Paul with P90s. While I absolutely love the JP series, P90s just have a lot of balls, clarity, and character. There shouldn't be a lot of hum on a desert island either. :)

If only one, I would have to go with my UV7PWH. Why? Versatility via the extra string. My '74 LPC w/ original PAFs runs a very close second, and on another day I might opt for it instead.

Gotta go with my Alex Lifeson Axcess LP. I do luv my PRS 513 tho.

Attachments

• 806.jpg
    806.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2011-08-24_15-32-27_604.jpg
    2011-08-24_15-32-27_604.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I take my PRS 513...

PRS.513.Full.15.jpg

...because that's what she would want.

jarah_mariano_6.jpg

If I am stuck on an island you've got to be able to mix it up to keep it interesting and the 513 let me do that.

My 1903 Martin Parlor Guitar or my 59 Danelectro U1 - both have soul and guts. Not a million sounds. The dan is a single, single-coil pickup, but it's got a soul. It's a living, breathing thing. I don't need a million pickups or a whammy bar or active pickups etc. etc. I just need one good guitar that stays in tune, 'wants' to play, and has GUTS.

I'd take my American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS QMT. With 10 pickup positions that include series and parallel wiring it does everything from Jazz to chicken pickin. Combined with the Axe FX I'd have every tone under the sun available.

5019594537_9c3c9c2d5d_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom