Your Best Buys in 2013?

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Okay, let's hear it.
Stuff you bought and don't regret and exceeded your expectations.
Musical devices, gadgets etc.

Leave out Axe-Fx and MFC. Those go without saying.

My list:

- Sonos sound system, home audio
- Gruv Gear V Solo Cart
- MacBook Pro 13" Retina
- Atomic CLRs

CLRs
Dimarzio Liquifire/Crunchlab (I was sure they wouldn't sound good on my Carvin...but I was pleasantly surprised).
Taylor GA4

Reaper finally haha
Jamup pro
Cheap ltd guitar to practice at work

Have to include because it's been a great piece of gear

AXE FX 2
Drawer
R6UE-14
Carvin 120s (on its way)

Definitely one of the best things i bought was........ Drum roll......

I bought a BERETTA 9mm today. My first firearm. :devilish:
'Merica!!!

Love this kind of thread! :)

• 2x CLRs - they do my AxeFX justice - in stereo, of course! :)
  • Gibson Les Paul CS R4 Goldtop (P90s and wraptail, what's not to like)
  • Gretsch G5422DC - immense value for money in an electric 12-string. It looks darn good too!
  • Roadrunners EXT4MFC, integrates lovely with the MFC in both form and function
  • Air tickets to the Dutch AxeFest 2013 - fun, inspirational and educational, well worth the trip!
  • 4U custom rack from StageCraft - my AxeFX now looks the part too!

I could go on, but I guess that'll do :)

1985 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Silverburst
1976 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (that weighs 8.6 lbs)
Behringer X-Rack (X32 Console in a 3 rack chasis).....anyone who doubts Behringer products will change their opinion after hearing the Pre amps in this mixer.
Mackie DL1608 - was a fun step into the iPad mixing world, and still a great little travel mixer....but I like the Behringer better.
Tom Anderson Cobra - Tiger Eye flame top.....by far the prettiest guitar I've ever seen.

I guess I should also include a lot of luthier tools I bought this year. (got a fret press for xmas from the wife).
I've been collecting tools and building some (I stress the word 'some') skills at building.
Have put together 4 parts casters so far this year. All came out better than I even hoped.
Turning into a really fun (and addicting) hobby.

Last edited:
Avid artist Mix & Transport
KRK VXT4
Focusrite Saffire Liquid56
Fishman TriplePlay

Best stuff I’ve bought in 2013:

• Axe Fx II with MFC and Mission Engineering pedals - the purchase that keeps on giving.
  • Maton BB1200JH - was on my eBay search list for over 9 months before one came up.
  • Macbook Pro Retina 13” - I’ve had about 10 Mac laptops in almost every size (11”, 12”, 13”, 15” and 17” - only missing size is a 14” iBook) since the TiBook when Apple released 10.0 and the current one is the perfect size between power, portability and screen size.
  • Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups for my Les Paul.

My only regret for the year was a Les Paul Axcess that went on eBay for about $2000 and looked awesome. I wasn’t ready to buy when it came up and it’s been haunting me ever since.

Stuff I bought and sold include a Pod HD 500. I kept avoiding the Axe Fx II and when I wanted to buy a modeller I bought the Pod HD 500 hoping that it would be “good enough”. I only had it for a couple of months and hated it almost instantly. Just kept tweaking and tweaking just to get to a decent base sound. Luckily I could sell with not too much loss and get the Axe Fx II instead.

Forshage Orion headless. One 6 string, and one 7 string hollowbody. Game changers.

Sold/traded more than I bought this year.

Back
Top Bottom