Your AX8 home studio

Atte

Inspired
I'm looking for inspiration on my home studio setup. Do you guys have the AX8 on the floor or on the desk? Or somewhere else?

I know it's a question of work flow but for me it's maybe more about the aesthetics. I mostly operate it through axe edit so it doesn't really matter in that sense.

Thoughts on the topic and most importantly, PICS of your lovely studios

I know it's a question of work flow but for me it's maybe more about the aesthetics. I mostly operate it through axe edit so it doesn't really matter in that sense.
Aesthetics is a personal choice. Only you can know which way you think looks better.

On the floor ! Those are footswitches not handswitches. I don't want to play whack-a-mole with my AX8.
Seriously though I use my AX-FX II for recording and playback. Now I'm conflicted though , the AX8 sounds so good, that and the ease of switching presets / effects. If the AX8 had usb audio I'm afraid my AXE-FX might become obsolete :-(

On the floor ! Those are footswitches not handswitches. I don't want to play whack-a-mole with my AX8.
Seriously though I use my AX-FX II for recording and playback. Now I'm conflicted though , the AX8 sounds so good, that and the ease of switching presets / effects. If the AX8 had usb audio I'm afraid my AXE-FX might become obsolete :-(
Yeah the axe fx II is much more convenient for studio, especially when I do all the switching in ax edit. But oh well, limited cash begs for compromise.

i have 2 Cats and most of the time they are in my bedroom,so i have to put the AX8 back in the box & when i want to play i have to take the AX8 out for the box,is a pain in the as*

GtarGreg
where did you get that stand?

I prefer it to be on the floor, so I can use the footswitches and expression pedals. I don't have space for a 60*40cm board on my desk anyways.

... I'm afraid my AXE-FX might become obsolete :-(
Mine sort of already is ;-) It basically just serves as my interface and headphone amp.

My AX8 sits on top of the AFX on my right. I'll pop it onto the floor when I'm testing things for gaps, morphing, etc... probably should just put it there all the time but I like it the access to it.

Here's my home studio - I keep my AX8 on the floor. I always edit on the computer, but I like to be able to use the footswitches with my feet, since I often need to test if certain switch setups will work for a particular patch, and I need to test while playing
AX8 studio-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom