You Know You're a Bonehead When...

When your screaming distorted solo becomes a twang-fest because you hit the switch for your clean sound instead of the lead sound

LOL I'm still getting used to my AX8 a bit. A couple of weeks ago I thought I was in "Preset Mode" when I was in "Effect Mode"...hit my lead button while in a clean-ish preset and instead of gainy lead goodness the Phaser came on which seriously undermined the awesomeness of said lead. The bass player is still likely laughing...

This thread has made me laugh so hard...so awesome to read all these things so I'll contribute as well:

A long time ago when I was much less experienced and playing an acoustic gig on a BIG stage I wasn't getting any sound out of my acoustic and was frantically looking around at everything - pointing and gesturing to the sound guy who was way out in a field like "wtf man!!! I got nothin up here!!!" to which he kindly replied thru the monitors AND the mains - "You might want to plug in your guitar man."

And of course I look down and there is my cord dangling on my guitar strap. Even typing this gave me a hot flash of embarrassment. hahahah

Spending 20 minutes in a panic before a gig trying to figure out why there's no signal coming out of your new Fractal rig, only to discover you've got the heel down on your volume pedal.

Doing the same for about 5 minutes a few months later. (I learn from my mistakes. Slowly.)

Man, I've done this so many times with a volume pedal. It actually made me take the volume pedal off my pedalboard and sell it because apparently, I just could not learn how to use it. hahah

At a practice I coudn't figure out why my tone sounded so thin and nasally. I was checking all of my settings and even the cables when I realized my wah was set on auto engage and was left half cocked.

Another time on stage we just finished sound check and were about to start when I heard a loud screeching sound. It only took me a second to figure it out but my guitar input jack was kind of loose and the cable pulled out halfway.

When you are making a deck and step on a loose board, fall through and break your nose! Happened to me this week at the end of a long day.

...When the last song was in Drop D. Next song is in regular/standard tuning but you forget to tune that E string back up. Opening chord...CRAP!!!

LOL...... These are great. Last weekend I had an issue I never ran into. A little background, I setup an alternate boost on a separate pedal next to my expression pedal for wah.... While on my solo patch and using my wah I accidently hit the boost which was a boost to the boost if that makes sense. It was freaking loud... :eek:

You spent your entire life studying and practicing to be the best musician you could possibly be while sacrificing every normal comfort that most people take for granted, and not see the imminent collapse of the music industry.

...When the last song was in Drop D. Next song is in regular/standard tuning but you forget to tune that E string back up. Opening chord...CRAP!!!
At least you noticed at the first chord.
I've had a bass player go the entire song without realizing he was tuned to drop D (4 string)

You've checked all your cables, power, settings and STILL NO SOUND !!
Then realize you've got the MUTE button activated on the amp !! :(

You're on a stage 4 feet off the ground at the Iowa State football field for a big welcome back to school bash, you're wireless, and you decide to jump off of the stage and run around a bit, but you stupidly jump UP......!

Love these.

Recent acoustic gig....invited back on stage for a pre-planned jam at the end of a show we opened. I'm holding down the main rhythm part for the tune. I plug in and start playing. Suddenly the sound guy runs up to the stage and frantically moves one of the mics to my guitar. Yep, my volume was all the way down.

Back
Top Bottom