you guys with the ax8 AND an axefx2xl+, doyou think the ax8 sounds better?

Cliff...said that at least one of the amp models takes up most of the dsp power on the AX8.
I think you read too much into that. The Class-A models use most of the DSP power of one of the two CPUs in the AX8—the one that's dedicated to amp modeling.

I think you read too much into that. The Class-A models use most of the DSP power of one of the two CPUs in the AX8—the one that's dedicated to amp modeling.

I thought that was implied since the amp model can only use one of the two DSPs. That doesn't change my point.

A lot of people come to the forum without that background knowledge. They will read your second sentence literally and get entirely the wrong idea about the AX8's CPU capabilities. They will miss your implication completely—they'll think the AX8 runs out of CPU after just one amp block is added, and the FUD will spread like wildfire.

He also said that at least one of the amp models takes up most of the dsp power on the AX8.
agreed. saying "most of the dsp power" sounds like ALL of the AX8's DSP, and many wouldn't know you were implying the understanding that Amps technically run only on one of the 2 available DSPs, therefore your statment meant "most of the DSP power of the DSP dedicated to Amp modeling."

long sentence is long. :)

agreed. saying "most of the dsp power" sounds like ALL of the AX8's DSP, and many wouldn't know you were implying the understanding that Amps technically run only on one of the 2 available DSPs, therefore your statment meant "most of the DSP power of the DSP dedicated to Amp modeling."

Ok, revised.

Reactions: Rex

Ok, revised.

Back
Top Bottom