IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Just got the m25. Can you tell which amp model and ir you used for the demo?
Awesome! Thanks for picking it up. I looked back at the release post for that cab and it looks like I used the SLO with all knobs around noon and the gain between 2-2.5. I don’t remember which Mix was used, but probably one of the 57-121 or 58-160 mixes.

got the m25 marshall 4x12 yesterday and the friedman today
they both sound great
friedman m25 sounds angrier than the marshall m25
the friedman v30 is sweet with the xtc
im not good at verbally articulating sound but the irs are more alive and have more high end but its usable
I turned hi cut way up to 14k
before was at 8000
would love to see a kerry wright or mills 4x12
maybe a g1265 or scumback m55 & m75

Any Marshall V30 cabs planned? Does the Friedman with the V30 pretty much take care of that type of sound?
I’ve been rewiring and rearranging my studio over the past couple of weeks, but will start shooting again soon. I’ve got a new mic pre being delivered today that I wanted to try before doing the next official shoot. I’m thinking of doing either a Marshall with Lynchbacks or a Marshall with Marshall Vintage 30s and H30 55hz Greenbacks for the next cab.

The Friedman has new Chinese V30s and new Greenbacks (can’t remember if they’re Chinese or UK made), so it’s a very different sound than the Marshall with their OEM V30s. I want to do the V30/H30, but I know a lot of people. Have been requesting different speakers, so I’ll have to figure out which one gets priority.

got the m25 marshall 4x12 yesterday and the friedman today
they both sound great
friedman m25 sounds angrier than the marshall m25
the friedman v30 is sweet with the xtc
im not good at verbally articulating sound but the irs are more alive and have more high end but its usable
I turned hi cut way up to 14k
before was at 8000
would love to see a kerry wright or mills 4x12
maybe a g1265 or scumback m55 & m75
I’m glad you’re liking your new cabs! And yes, I agree that they sound more “alive” than other options. I actually have a project planned for one of the cabs you mentioned and will reveal it fairly soon. It’ll be the first time I fly to a remote location to capture someone’s cabs, so I’m excited and a little nervous to do this in someone else’s studio. It’s gonna be really cool though.

I vote for the Lynchbacks! :grinning: 👍
(But I would also buy the other pack, since I have a real 2x12" cab with a Lynchback and a 55Hz H30 Greenback)
+1 for the Lynchback pack. I have the Celestion Lynchback pack and I never got a good vibe from the assortment. I tried, maybe it's just me. And it isn't because of the speaker as I am sure they handpicked it. It's either the capture or the cab I think. So, curious to hear what your ears come up with on pairing your Lynchback speaker in the Marshall cab with your setup.

Don't get me wrong, looking forward to the V30/H55 combo too!

Any word on that Hesu Demon speaker? That would be good with a blend. Anxiously awaiting that capture too! 👍

I have the Celestion Lynchback pack and I never got a good vibe from the assortment. I tried, maybe it's just me.

I don't think it's you. I bought almost every Lynchback pack which is out there, because I like the real speaker so much. And the one from Celestion is the worst (IMO of course). Also don't like the other ones, except a pack from Valhallir (Evil Triple pack), which I find quite good.

At this point I have so many YA packs that my entire User Cabs are pretty much filled... Speaker suggestions I would love to see though are Mesa Black Shadow, Celestion Alinco Gold and Cream. I know you probably don't have any of these, no rush or need just ideas for the future!

+1 for the Lynchback pack. I have the Celestion Lynchback pack and I never got a good vibe from the assortment. I tried, maybe it's just me. And it isn't because of the speaker as I am sure they handpicked it. It's either the capture or the cab I think. So, curious to hear what your ears come up with on pairing your Lynchback speaker in the Marshall cab with your setup.

Don't get me wrong, looking forward to the V30/H55 combo too!

Any word on that Hesu Demon speaker? That would be good with a blend. Anxiously awaiting that capture too! 👍
I picked up two more Demon speakers that sound WAY better than my original one. I’m gonna reach out to my cab guy and see if he has any of the new York Audio cab prototypes ready. If he does, I’ll throw those bad boys in one of the cabs as see if our new design improvements make the cut.

I vote for the lynchback as well , although the YA custom w M65s Creambacks is my must buy when it is available
I’m going to shoot those as well. I really like that speaker a lot!

At this point I have so many YA packs that my entire User Cabs are pretty much filled... Speaker suggestions I would love to see though are Mesa Black Shadow, Celestion Alinco Gold and Cream. I know you probably don't have any of these, no rush or need just ideas for the future!
I have a Black Shadow, Alnico Gold, and two Alnico Creams. It’s gonna be fun figuring out which cabs to put them in.

Back
Top Bottom