Yngwie - animated!

Has that "The Incredibles" vibe to it. But anatomy needs a bit of work: human chest doesn't actually stretch like that when you shrug. :)

Many thanks! I work as an animator these days but I'm also a student too, I learn something on each job and exercise I do and am always trying to improve from my previous attempts. In animation we usually try to push reality and exaggerate things to make the point read clearly. Sometimes we get that right, sometimes we go too far :)

You need to do more research.

Yngwie never looked like that, he came to America like this:

yngwie.jpg

And when he got huge, it wasn't in Stallone type of way, but rather this:

fat.jpg

th

You need to do more research.

Yngwie never looked like that, he came to America like this:

yngwie.jpg

And when he got huge, it wasn't in Stallone type of way, but rather this:

fat.jpg

th

You may be tongue in cheek, but if not he already said he wasnt trying to replicate his likeness, though his speaking who so damn perfect I thought he was just taking clips of actual voice.

anyone ever wonder how he plays so fast with that 4 lb gold rolex! I cant even play with my friggin wedding ring (yes other hand but...)

It's funny, as I mentioned above, the more I worked on this animation the more I started appreciating how unique and uncompromising Yngwie is. He's very easy to make fun of for how over-the-top he is but he had a vision and he pursued it whole heatedly.

Where am I going with this line of thought? - Well... I've just bought his signature strat to add to my collection :) I don't really have a 'proper strat' here (PRS is my main guitar, plus the Universe you can see in the making-of video) and I love big frets so I think I'm going to love the scalloped neck.

Can't wait to hear it through my XL :triumphant:

He is a despicable character but absolutely amazing breakthrough guitar player. Sure he stole stuff from Blackmore and Uli Roth, but he brought neoclassical shred to, well he basically invented it!

Heh heh, yeah. He does seem to have mellowed a bit as he's gotten older, he seems to take himself a little less seriously these days. As for stealing - is there a guitarist who hasn't at least 'borrowed' some stuff from their own heroes? I can't think of a single example personally.

Last edited:
Heh heh, yeah. He does seem to have mellowed a bit as he's gotten older, he seems to take himself a little less seriously these days. As for stealing - is there a guitarist who hasn't at least 'borrowed' some stuff from their own heroes? I can't think of a single example personally.
You are right, I just pre empted someone coming back and saying that; but basically he is/was damn original for his time, at that time. As was EVH. He goes down as one of the great innovators of guitar ever. Really he created an entire genre. When I first saw him sweep pick at day on the green in Oakland (mid 80s), I kept telling people for months, "he, he , he, like played a scale with one stroke of his right hand" thus the first sweep pick I'd ever seen (course turns out chet atkins did this in the 60s).

Back
Top Bottom