Yngwie - animated!

Horganovski

Experienced
My first love was the guitar, my 2nd was animation. While studying with iAnimate last year I found a fun way to combine them, thought I'd share it here as I'm sure there are some Yngwie fans around.
Ok, I'm making fun of him, but it's done with love :)

[video=vimeo;83874858]https://vimeo.com/83874858[/video]

I also made a 'making-of' video for fun with lots of guitar noodling.

[video=vimeo;83991296]https://vimeo.com/83991296[/video]

Hope it gives you a chuckle!

Many thanks for checking it out guys, glad you liked it!

Re him holding an Ibanez - part of the brief for the exercise from our teacher was to try to make our characters unique and not base them 100% off the person who did the dialogue. So rather than trying to make him look exactly like Yngwie, with a Strat etc, I gave him the name 'Chad Fantastic' and made up a back story for him that he was a shredder from the 80s. So not too dissimilar to Yngwie but not exactly the same.

Thanks! And yeah, that line was so ripe for parody, so funny that he literally doesn't understand the concept of less is more. You know though - the more I worked on the piece (listening to the dialogue over and over in the process) the more I thought - you know maybe he's right - more is more!

The video didn't show on my iPad (Safari) but was there when I hopped on my Windows lappy (Firefox). Probably a flash thing.

I loved it but was dying to hear and see some shredding, or mockery of shredding, mmmmmmmmmmmmore guitar!!!! more is more!

Many thanks! I'd definitely like to do more with this character but it takes a while as animation is a really time-consuming process (makes me appreciate how immediate music is, relatively speaking). Animating his fingers in particular took ages since there were so many controls to deal with. That's a real 6-string arpeggio he plays when he says that line though (CMaj with a G in the bass) and a real E Major chord shape at the end :)

Back
Top Bottom