Yikes .......The wife isn’t going to be happy

1poorplayer

Power User
Beware , the bottom corner of the III ( or at least mine ) is sharp. I just pulled mine ahead to see the back panel , and gouged the top of the wife’s stand.
It was put there “temporarily” , and now I hate to move it. Lol.

Any repair options for the stand? (Before the wife sees? ) I’m guessing must be an expensive stand?

Old English scratch repair has been my friend.
old-english-furniture-polish-6233875144-64_1000.jpg

yup, mine put some nice scratches all over the top of my desk, Thankfully it's just a cheap ikea desk....
Actually looking at picking up some stick on rubber feet just for this reason.

93E16645-61A3-4999-BAF1-492554F239FD.png Sorry. I thought I added a picture when I posted the thread. It got kicked out of the III section , so now it’s one of those MYSTERY titles.

Get her a puppy.

I bought her a Great Dane 6 months ago.
It’s a stand she just bought a few months ago - online. I think she gave over a grand for it. Heavy as hell , but with the way it marked , the wood can’t be too hard ?

On a side note - I posted in the III preset section , if anyone has a simple 2 guitar 2 amp 2 cab - one out to a FRFR - preset or a link to one posted ( I’d swear I saw one ) I’d appreciate it. It’s my busy season and I won’t be in my studio to fully dive into the III for at least another month, and I’d like to be able to jam with my son at night sometime when I get home at night before he goes to bed. 14 hour days , right thru the weekends , doesn’t leave much free time. Thanks.

And , - beware everyone of the sharp edges on the III If she isn’t in a rack yet !

If it’s a softwood, which it looks like it is, take a damp/wet cloth and put it on the scratch. The water will soak into the compressed wood fibers and they will expand. I’ve used that trick on pine floors when something has been dropped on them.
Almost. You also need to add some heat from a soldering iron to steam it out. I do that with guitars all the time.

Almost. You also need to add some heat from a soldering iron to steam it out. I do that with guitars all the time.

I’ve never done that but makes sense.

You could also try a damp cloth or towel and use a clothes iron.

Last edited:
I’ve never done that but makes sense.

You could also try a damp cloth or towel and use a clothes iron.
I’d stick with the soldering iron. You want to get the steam precisely where it needs to be, in the worm, not all over the general area, you could wind up causing an uglier blemish than what you’re trying to fix.

Back
Top Bottom