Yet more questions about the looper

ChrisCG

Experienced
Hey all,

So question I'm having issues with with the looper. First off I place it at the end of my chain. And I have the reveal IA set to short on my MFC MK III. Now for some reason the looper block is always bypassed in my preset even if I have saved the preset with the block turned on. Any idea why?

Next I'm having issues getting the looper to play in time I know others have said it's user error and it could be. I have decent timing but I can't seem to get it to work right there is always a dead space at the end of what I record, before the loop starts over. So I'm wondering if there is a setting to just have the looper play back what I record even if it's not perfect 4/4 or a perfect measure. Again I have decent timing so it's odd to me that no matter what I record there is always that dead space so I'm hoping there is something I'm missing.

Does the looper have to have the time set? I know in axe edit we can change it but that would never work live because I won't have my lap top plugged in. So any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

So question I'm having issues with with the looper. First off I place it at the end of my chain. And I have the reveal IA set to short on my MFC MK III. Now for some reason the looper block is always bypassed in my preset even if I have saved the preset with the block turned on. Any idea why?

I don't have a MFC, but try setting the Looper On IA to Global. That way it will stay in it's state when changing patches.

Next I'm having issues getting the looper to play in time I know others have said it's user error and it could be. I have decent timing but I can't seem to get it to work right there is always a dead space at the end of what I record, before the loop starts over. So I'm wondering if there is a setting to just have the looper play back what I record even if it's not perfect 4/4 or a perfect measure. Again I have decent timing so it's odd to me that no matter what I record there is always that dead space so I'm hoping there is something I'm missing.

Does the looper have to have the time set? I know in axe edit we can change it but that would never work live because I won't have my lap top plugged in. So any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Playing a perfect loop is indeed tricky.
In the Looper there is a Quantize function. This could help you. Of course then you have to set the tempo according.

I am really hoping for a solution that won't invole having to set the tempo. I'll try setting the IA to global how do I do that exactly?

Hey all,

Are you using MFC looper mode? That's the easiest way. All buttons are already aligned for you and you have nothing to worry about. When you are in looper mode and have saved the looper in 'on' state it should be fine.

That gab at the end shouldn't be happening! Do you maybe have quantize enabled? it should be off for 'normal' non-quantized looping.

Last edited:
Hey Bodde,

Yeah I'm using the Mfc in looper mode. But some odd reason even if I save the looper block state in my preset as active, whenever I change to a different preset and go back the looper block is off again. And I'm really not sure why that is going on.

Hello,
just want to jump in....
I also had this problems and other with the looper....
The looper is fine if you doing things for fun but nothing more... e.g. you can not save Loops etc.
So i don't use the Looper any more because it doesn't work well.
I have now the Boss Loopstation and it works very well. Also i use the looper with my Band and also Live.
Compared the Lopper in Axe is Crap totally an accident but not useful... it's a gadget for fun but nothing more... so just for fun
If you really want to use Loops in your Songs then you need a separate Looper that can store also the Loops and do other great things...

Recommend Loopers:
Boss RC 30
Pigtronix Infinity Looper
Digitech JamMan Stereo (My favorite)

So if you really want to use a Looper serious... buy a external one and you be happy.
I also tried to work with the Axe Looper but i never had success... with the Digitech all working fine suddenly... it's not your timing!

The Axe's looper is also a great tool for dialing in tones. Set the looper playing, and tweak to taste. No outboard equipment needed.

I agree that the looper is not up to snuff for actual looping use. It's great in a pinch for a one track use and for dialing in tones but that's about it. Possibly good to use for ambient sound pads as well. I bought the Roland Rc-300 and it's a great looper with a lot of functionality.

I also had this problems and other with the looper....

So i don't use the Looper any more because it doesn't work well.

Compared the Lopper in Axe is Crap totally an accident but not useful... it's a gadget for fun but nothing more... so just for fun
If you really want to use Loops in your Songs then you need a separate Looper that can store also the Loops and do other great things...

So if you really want to use a Looper serious... buy a external one and you be happy.
I also tried to work with the Axe Looper but i never had success... with the Digitech all working fine suddenly... it's not your timing!

Can you specify why you think the looper is so crappy? I know it is not perfect and I have some wishes for the looper like a quantize replace function but I don't think it is as bad as you and some other people here say it is. I found some creative uses for it especially with the quantize beat function. I can't remember having those odd timing or 'gab at the end' issues that some describe. You mention the Digitech Jamman stereo looper; I had that one also but the Axe looper can do all that (besides saving loops, but I don't care for that).

Back
Top Bottom