Yet Another AC/DC Attempt

axel

Power User
I know Sarge and others are working on AC/DC patches, but wanted to post my 1st attempt with the Axe II, as I am a huge AC/DC fan. Did this from scratch, and seems much easier than it did with the Standard. Used the generic backing track...

OK, I made an attempt at the solo. Some sloppy playing, but you can hear the lead tone...

Attachments

• ACDC.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
LOVE THAT TONE!!!! Cut loose on the lead, dude! Are you using an SG for this or other? Sounds awesome whatever it is.

Just got back from working out and saw this. Nice work! You've got that tone dialed in pretty nicely. If anything it's a bit more "present" than Angus's tone, as if the tone is pretty well nailed but mic placement is a bit different. No complaints though. It's sweet as is.

Fantastic! I'd like to get a hold of that patch for when my II gets here. Your tone is great. My only suggestion might be that there might be too much reverb on the staccato rhythm parts.

Fantastic! I'd like to get a hold of that patch for when my II gets here. Your tone is great. My only suggestion might be that there might be too much reverb on the staccato rhythm parts.

Thank's, I don't doubt the reverb needs some work, I merely dialed up a plate reverb and set the mix level with no other adjustments. Still some tweaking to do, but so far, I'm pretty happy with the II.

Apparently you and I have the same singer, drummer and bass player ;)

Guitarbackiingtrack.com rules!

Sweet! Can't wait to try the patch tonight. Great job!

Apparently you and I have the same singer, drummer and bass player ;)

Sweet! Can't wait to try the patch tonight. Great job!

Yeah, those guys are double dipping, Bastards! ACDC is always the first tone I go for with any amp, modeler, or whatever. Love those guys. Thanks for the kind words.

Really digging that patch. Very raw sounding. Sounds great with my S4.

I see you dropped the bright cap to be more inline with the plexi 2 on the standard/ultra. That makes a huge difference in taming the gain on the plexi treble.

Really digging that patch. Very raw sounding. Sounds great with my S4.

I see you dropped the bright cap to be more inline with the plexi 2 on the standard/ultra. That makes a huge difference in taming the gain on the plexi treble.

Glad you like it. Actually, if you notice, I have the Bright switch turned off. I was experimenting with lower values, but found it sounded too thin when engaged.

Glad you like it. Actually, if you notice, I have the Bright switch turned off. I was experimenting with lower values, but found it sounded too thin when engaged.

How in the world did I miss that.

Yup

Axel, have you tried this tone on the 2.0 firmware? Better now, Same, Other?

Btw, you've pretty much convinced me that I need an SG.

Back
Top Bottom