AFIII Yes Awaken Redo

Flatnine

Inspired
Decade ago I was in a Yes tribute and we had these bare bones tracks left over from rehearsal- a take of classic Yes tune Awaken. Band ended shortly there after. Fast forward to last year, leader discovered this track and asked me to re-record the guitar parts. Relearned the tune, dialed up some tones on the Axe FX3 and cut this version you hear here. My involvement was show up and play so the mix, other takes, video etc I wasn't involved in. I am happy with the results- what do you think?

Good job. I used to live in the Bay Area and learned all the Rush and Yes songs note for note up to about 1982. Went to Foothill High there in Pleasanton where your gig was canceled before. We would have gotten along great, but I've moved out of state and don't think I'll ever go back. So, see you on the interwebz! Keep posting!

Decade ago I was in a Yes tribute and we had these bare bones tracks left over from rehearsal- a take of classic Yes tune Awaken. Band ended shortly there after. Fast forward to last year, leader discovered this track and asked me to re-record the guitar parts. Relearned the tune, dialed up some tones on the Axe FX3 and cut this version you hear here. My involvement was show up and play so the mix, other takes, video etc I wasn't involved in. I am happy with the results- what do you think?

That was great. Loved the lead work around the 3:00 minute mark. That’s a blistering solo.

This sounds AMAZING! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for a real treat! Please keep 'em coming!
Back in the day, 'YES' giged quite frequently in the greater Cleveland area... I was ALWAYS there up until the 1980's. ...One of my all-time favorite groups.

One of my favorite songs too by my all-time favorite band. The whole band sounds great!

What amp(s) did you use?
Thanks for kind words! Amp was Band-Commander and cab was 2x15 Doubleshow. Used Tele you see in my avatar and a 50's lap steel someone loaned me for the recording. Attached files below- never done that before so no idea if it's correct. Also no idea what firmware that Preset used...
Perhaps it will work.

Attachments

• Awaken_M1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Awaken_M2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for kind words! Amp was Band-Commander and cab was 2x15 Doubleshow. Used Tele you see in my avatar and a 50's lap steel someone loaned me for the recording. Attached files below- never done that before so no idea if it's correct. Also no idea what firmware that Preset used...
Perhaps it will work.
Thanks for the share! I like that you went period-correct w/ the Tele ;-)

Back
Top Bottom