Yes, a stupid question

when you buy a preset, you aren't paying for the actual file itself. you are paying for the time, work, experience, and knowledge of the person who created it. it's almost like saying a cover band shouldn't be paid since those songs have already been heard before and anyone else could play them. might as well not pay guitar techs who dial in rigs too, since the guitarist can do it themselves :D

buy them, or don't. no need to complain about it.

I don’t think an axe fx is the best tool for a hobby/bedroom guitarist. They’d be better served by a small combo and a good acoustic. For them the axe is like a normal guy building his own car instead of having Chevy do it.

I don’t think an axe fx is the best tool for a hobby/bedroom guitarist. They’d be better served by a small combo and a good acoustic. For them the axe is like a normal guy building his own car instead of having Chevy do it.
That's definitely an opinion... ;)

But unfortunately whether your opinion or not, it is what it is, and your opinion doesn't control reality.

Musicians selling their presets, which have been fine tuned,with hours of meticulous details and time should have the right
to sell their product.
they are so Fine-tuned. and -very reasonably priced .
I `ve gotten my money`s worth from - Fremens, Moke`s ,Austin Buddy`s presets to name a few.
Plus free updates most of the time.

I was that guy who bought my axe fx and left the plastic on the screen for two years lol then the first thing I did was go to axechange and try a few patches. I didn't care for most but I found some great ways to use fx from some of them. I also did find a couple of gems. Like a violin patch that sounds perfect.

It took me 2 years of reading the manual and the forums and watching countless videos and browsing through artists web pages and interviews and then still coming on the forums with more questions before I was able to build a decent patch.

I'm bedroom guitarist who rarely gets out to gig for $ but the experience and knowledge about the tools I have at hand is priceless.
I bought a couple of preset packs too that I don't use much other than the it's I got from them but to me it's all about finding and creating my own sound.
I've really been diging in more now that the axe 2 doesn't get firmware updates and I am going through each amp and making my own presets with them. I could be busy for the next ten years for sure but that's what I want.
No everyone is so inclined or has the time so I see nothing wrong with paying some one to do the leg work.
Hell there is even tone matching if you want an easy way to get a sound you like. But it still takes effort to do.
Just my 2 cents.

Gee I'd love to be as good as some of you guys, however you couldn't think you're so superior without us hacks so fuckit!
:p
Pauly

Oh - And if someone has spent time doing something, put a price on it, & I can afford (and want) it - Happy to pay!
Software, Hardware, houses, cars, Bikes, boats - None of them are free, and they all take some doing to get right - So we pay for the ones we like.
Those that think we shouldn't pay money for things that take others time should be building their own modellers.
Thanks
Pauly.

I create all my tones using stock amps and cabs and I spend quite a lot of time to create, tweak and create video demos for all the presets. I share them here on the Axe change for free, and this isn't even my full time job. I don't have anything against folks selling presets, of course there is lots of time spent on each one of them by the author and their hard work needs to be recognised! All I ask for in return is support to grow my YouTube channel. So far, the response and the feedback has been great!

All I am trying to say is that we all want something in return for the hard work we do, and it's nothing wrong. We pay for most of things but have to realise not everything works out of the box for us, we have to tweak almost everything to suit our liking. So does the presets. But I have never been a fan of the 'Silent' presets. That is one of the reason I try to keep everything stock and provide presets which do not need you to buy anything.

Hope this does make sense. Just chimin' in. Cheers guys!

PS: You can try out my presets, link in my signature. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom