Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

I like your volume swell and tried either copying the block or recreating it and it doesn't seem to work. When I use your patch (one of your main patches) it works, but if I copy the vol/pan block to another preset, it doesn't. I've still got the modifier set to envelope, but it doesn't swell like yours does, just immediately goes to full volume. Any ideas?

You need to copy/paste the Envelope controller settings too, on the hardware (Recall Effect > Control), or in Axe-Edit (Controllers) or manually.

Can't begin to tell you how much these presets have helped me out. You and Fremen are on some next level stuff, seriously. I was always happy with my tone, but not completely satisfied. I heard much better recordings with the Axe FX II, I just couldn't get there by myself. I knew it was possible, and that was the frustrating part, because I wasn't getting the tones I knew were in there. Well, using your presets and Fremen presets, I really got in there and learned what made your guys' presets sounds so great. Now I finally know how to dial in killer sounds, without twiddling knobs forever. Seriously, you guys deserve much credit for sharing your hard work, I know you guys put a lot of time into creating these amazing presets. Thanks YEK!!!

Blog:

During the past weeks I've been using my presets at home (CLRs), at rehearsals and gigs (CLRs), through a JamHub (headphones) and with my Matrix and cab. It all works, with a single set of presets. I'm mainly playing direct/FR these days. Fw 14 + UR + CLRs do the job well. I don't need the GT1000Fx that often so I moved it to a separate rackbag. When needed I'll take it with me, together with my Port City cab(s). That's bar gigs mainly, where I prefer a 'traditional' backline.

The focus on direct/FRFR means that I no longer require a separate output signal for power amp + cab. So I've removed the FXL block from my presets, simplifying and saving CPU power. When I play with power amp + cab, I just disable Cab Simulation in the Global menu.

What's more...

• The Filter block method for handling different guitars works well. I've moved the switch to an external switch box with LED.
  • Some Friedman BE and Morgan AC-20 finetuning.
  • Returned to a single cab (IR) for all amp tones.
  • Minor changes in effect settings (Rotary, Fuzzface etc.) and controller assignments. Improved volume swells settings. Improved Compressor settings. Improved PEQ settings for live midrange boost and high-passing.
  • Minor reorganizing of presets and scenes.
  • Now using the Tucana model for my lead tones.
  • Moved Delay from parallel to series.
  • Added a "Lowpass fade-in" preset.
  • RC Booster instead of FET Boost (saved as global 3).
  • Moved the collection of 'pure amp+cab' presets to Bank B.
  • Switched from Spring Reverb to Plate because it sounds more pleasant through headphones. Spring Reverb settings have been saved in global block 3.
  • I only use reverb on clean tones and for special effects. I dislike it on dirty tones. But some room ambience with dirty tones is quite pleasing when rehearsing with headphones. So I enabled reverb for dirty tones, using the Y state of my regular Reverb block. It's a global block, which means that I can turn it down (home, live) or turn it up (JamHub) across all presets at once.
  • MFC layout: added Amp1 / Amp2 IA switches. These let me switch between clean and dirty tones within a preset/scene, without having to program separate scenes for both. Reorganized the IAs on the MFC. Added a two-way switch box, for "humbucker" and "swells" switching. Everything is back on the Pedaltrain.
I'll post updated presets after the next firmware release.

Last edited:
As I'm slowly updating my "pure amp+cab" presets (with the wiki as reference) I'm thrilled by the quality of all models and the amount of tonal bliss we have access to these days. Amazing stuff, one model after the other. We ought to refer to them as: SUPERMODELS, really.

Last edited:
As I'm slowly updating my "pure amp+cab" presets (with the wiki as reference) I'm thrilled by the quality of all models and the amount of tonal bliss we have access to these days. Amazing stuff, one model after the other. We ought to refer to them as supermodels, really.

+1

Starting from scratch with just Amp + Cab an UR IR's is amazing. Hardly any tweaks to the Amp either. Just amazing.

Reactions: yek
U51 = 1x12 AC-20 DLX (Royer 121), from Fractal Audio's Cab Pack 4.

U52 = TheAmpFactory's 4x12 Marshall Basketweave Pre Rola (Royer 121, Cone). Or OwnHammer's 4x12 Marshall CB H-PR-55, Royer 121.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I'm a little bit confused. Why do you use a royer? I thought the mics are already baked in the IR ?

Hm, I'm a little bit confused. Why do you use a royer? I thought the mics are already baked in the IR ?

I don't mean the Axe-Fx mic model. If you own the commercial package, you can choose specific mic IRs, such as the Royer 121.

Hi Yek,

Are you planning to purchase the new XL, i can imagine that the new XL comes in handy for a betatester (read AXE MASTER :) )

I read somewhere that you can "convert" AXE FX 2 patches to the XL, Do you know if there is any lose of qualityy?

Greetings

If I was in the market for an Axe-Fx II for the first time, I'd certainly choose the XL.

But I currently have no needs for the additional XL features, that is: not enough to pay for them.

You can load Axe-Fx II presets into the XL. No loss of quality.

Current board:

14mfc.jpg

I have used the JAM Hub for a while now/ It's fantastic. Everyone can adjust their own mix. clarity is great and you can record the session and play back emediatly to hear what needs to be corrected.

Reactions: yek
OK, I have loaded Yek's presets (not Bank A, just the presets) and on most of them I get no sound at all on scenes 1 to 5 but scene 6 works. What am i doing wrong?

You need to load the cab with a user IR...

Yek's choice:

U51 = 1x12 AC-20 DLX (Royer 121), from Fractal Audio's Cab Pack 4.

U52 = TheAmpFactory's 4x12 Marshall Basketweave Pre Rola (Royer 121, Cone). Or OwnHammer's 4x12 Marshall CB H-PR-55, Royer 121.

AC-20 can be found in the FW14 bundle. TheAmpFactory's or OwnHammer can be bought.

Or alternatively, you can use any IR of your own choice but you will get slightly different tone from Yek's.

Hope it helps... :)

Hello Yek. I've been messing around with ur presets and wanted to import the slicer block to the basic preset. but when i paste it to the preset, the sequencer doesn't seem to work any more. Same goes for the auto wah block... for the auto wah, is there a way to make the wah to follow the tap tempo?

Hello Yek. I've been messing around with ur presets and wanted to import the slicer block to the basic preset. but when i paste it to the preset, the sequencer doesn't seem to work any more. Same goes for the auto wah block... for the auto wah, is there a way to make the wah to follow the tap tempo?

If you want to use the blocks from those presets, you need the controller settings too. You can save those settings as separate blocks, through the Controllers widget in AE. Then paste the effect block plus the controller block to your Axe-Edit Blocks folder. Or just copy and paste the controller settings manually.

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Another question, for the main preset, the wah seems to be in auto engage mode by default. I like that. But I would also like to use the same expression pedal to engage the formant (without the wah) when i hit on one of the IA switches (which i changed to formant block control). Is it possible in any way to auto switch off the auto engage when i hit on the IA switch or do i have to get another IA switch to change the auto engage wah to formant?

Back
Top Bottom