Yek's Preset Collection (v9.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Yekification!

View attachment 9981

Here's my totally "Yekified" MFC..... although the EV-5 volume pedal is the beginning of my customisation.

I've also used Yek's system so his global blocks are intact, then taken his advice regarding Song mode and grouping the presets. It makes total sense. And the way the patches are organised for live use is fantastic. So many mucho thanks Yek!!

Banks A is now really easy to access - finding a huge range of sounds quickly. I use the Clean Solo patch as my Global - and in fact am using it for most of the lead sounds I need for a Byrds/Heartbreakers type originals band. I'll use Bank B for grouping patches for my own songs - and maybe for other bands when I get things better organised. Bank C can be for special sounds created for recordings - ending having to work out how to recreate "that sound" which Logic seemed to make with such ease.

I'm also going to get Plexi and AC30 patches into my "Amps" banks / songs. I'm tinkering with the way the Whammy and Wah kick in - auto engage works really well, but maybe the profile or start points can be adjusted to make it smoother for my right foot.

I'd love to know which cover songs Yek uses his "Covers" bank of patches for....? ;-) To my ear SmackMy seems to drone in Eb (if that is its purpose).

The Bright Onion mini DMFS pedal works very well, as you can see fitting snugly into the width of a Exp pedal. I got one with a popularity switch (actually I really need one of those - sadly this is a polarity switch in case of hums, but of course there aren't any).

I was thinking about having the vol pedal also mix in wet and dry, but in fact the way Yek's patches work, it doesn't seem necessary. (It would be necessary if you used the more extreme factory presets, so that's maybe where I'll do it.)

But another big change I'm considering is having a WDW option - triphonic. Sorry, this isn't a WDW thread, and is only relevant in that Yek operates his own excellent system mono, which means it has a spare channel: Yek's one channel out (Output 2 A to his single onstage EVM normally has everything in it; then use a mixer to switch the delay/modulations into Output 1 balanced L&R. This would be a special effect for limited use. Normal FOH would be from Output 1 A&B.

I haven't thought this through properly yet, but if Output 2 was mono - the same summed signal coming from A and B, then Output 2 B could be the triphonic dry feed to FOH.... It would need to have cab emulation added, which would alter the backline sound while the triphonic effect was in use. (The switched modulations being folded back from the desk, or maybe from Output1A unbalanced to a second backline cabinet....)

Reactions: yek
My cover presets:

FuzzDive: Lonely Boy by Black Keys
KnowYourEnemy: song by Rage Against The Machine (intro)
NoOneKnows: bridge in this song by Queens of the Stone Age
Smack: Smack my bitch up by Prodigy.

Last edited:
The "actual" songs... and why not (but on the other hand, did you create the patches - and for those specific purposes?) I particualarly like FuzzDive in Lonely Boy. Nailed it. (I hadn't before tried matching patches to song sounds....)

A new format maybe for Battles of the Bands competitions: "play the songs in the first 12 patches named after songs in Bank C".

Last edited:
The "actual" songs... and why not (but on the other hand, did you create the patches - and for those specific purposes?) I particualarly like FuzzDive in Lonely Boy. Nailed it. (I hadn't before tried matching patches to song sounds....)

A new format maybe for Battles of the Bands competitions: "play the songs in the first 12 patches named after songs in Bank C".

I created FuzzDive.

80sChorus is a former factory preset that didn't make it in the last factory preset revisions (Cindy).

KnowYourEnemy: the intro of that song requires a kill switch. I haven't got one on each of my guitars, so I created the preset, using a choppy tremolo. The drummer has to stay in time of course. :)

No One Knows: I needed an intelligent harmony for the bridge, so I made this one.

Smack my bitch up: great intro ... let the drone note go on and on (yes, it's in Eb, we play everything half a step down), and use the wah with a triggered flanger to emulate that sound on the song. That song brings the house down.

Last edited:
I created FuzzDive.

TimeAfterTime is a former factory preset that didn't make it in the last factory preset revisions.

KnowYourEnemy: the intro of that song requires a kill switch. I haven't got one on each of my guitars, so I created the preset, using a choppy tremolo. The drummer has to stay in time of course. :)

No One Knows: I needed an intelligent harmony for the bridge, so I made this one.

Smack my bitch up: great intro ... let the drone note go on and on (yes, it's in Eb, we play everything half a step down), and use the wah with a triggered flanger to emulate that sound on the song. That song brings the house down.

Great stuff - and excellent fun to use.

Hello again Yek... How do you control your Looper patch via the MFC? The WIki suggests using IAS numbers 6 and 7. I'm thinking of using all four looper controls via Reveal along the bottom row, but (here comes the stupid question) you have those IAS dedicated to PhaserXY, Comp etc. Am I missing some very clever trick whereby when the looper is in a patch, an IAS can have a second function (controlling the looper)?

(I learn through example, and have learned a HUGE amount from your patches and system, but can't figure out from the manuals and Wiki how to control the looper from the MFC without the loss of four IAS....)

That's right, the Looper would require dedicated IAs.
I haven't assigned any. I operate the Looper preset with the virtual knobs on the Axe-Fx's front panel (Looper block).

Edit: MFC 2.11 now features dediced looper IAs.

Last edited:
Hi Yek,

thanks for saving my sanity :)

I spent the last month dialing in presets I though sounded good at home only to find they sounded terrible at proper volume first time I took my axe fx rig to practice :roll

Downloaded your patches and system file last night, wiped my axe fx to factory state, installed your stuff and instantly everything sounds great at any volume, so I've got a great starting point for tweaking now !

Can't thank you enough dude ! You are my savior man !

The synth stuff is fantastic, given me some great ideas for tracks !

Oh just one question, I know you initially used the Matrix GT800FX on your Out2...... did you make any global EQ tweaks to OUT 2 to compensate for it being a Solid State amp ?

Cheers Dude

Thanks!

I'm not touching global Eq unless the overall sound is too boomy in a certain venue.

Yek - thank you so much for sharing your presets. I downloaded them this evening and can see that these will be a master's class in Axe sound design.

Regards,

Jared

Reactions: yek
This thread will end up with dozens of pages with fellow users leaving replies to thank you.
Your work is amazing as always Yek. Thank you so much for that, really, but I just wish they used the like button in the OP. It would be so much easy to find the useful information..

Hi Yek,

Just a quick question on one of your presets. "No one knows"

I read that you use an intelligent pitch shifter, but also read that you also play everything in Eb tuning (half step down). So does the scale in that preset take account for that ? The song is in C tuning so would that make it B tuning or do you still play it at standard pitch ? Just wondering as my band also does this track :)

Cheers,

That preset does indeed take into account that we play a half step down. You can see that in the Pitch where the harmony is set to B.
So the title should read "B-". Good catch.

For the rhythm parts I like a low drive preset with the Drive block engaged and set to X (= Fuzz). Or just use the FuzzDive preset which has that by default.

Last edited:
It looks like the cab is at the very end of the chain which seems like the absolute best place for it if you're trying to minimize duplicated blocks but I assume this means that you have a mono rig. Is that right?

It looks like the cab is at the very end of the chain which seems like the absolute best place for it if you're trying to minimize duplicated blocks but I assume this means that you have a mono rig. Is that right?

I mainly play mono, but the Cab at the end allows for stereo output too (set it to Stereo , pan L and R). No problems with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom