Yamaha FC-7 Expression pedal W/AX8?

Izzwardo

Inspired
Anyone have any luck with this expression pedal? I heard you have to swap the wires to make it compatible with the AX8

Anyone have any luck with this expression pedal? I heard you have to swap the wires to make it compatible with the AX8

I tried my FC-7 when I first got my AX8 and it didnt work, had the same problem with it on previous equipment and bought an extension for it and swapped the wires in the extension....worked like a charm!

I tried my FC-7 when I first got my AX8 and it didnt work, had the same problem with it on previous equipment and bought an extension for it and swapped the wires in the extension....worked like a charm!
Cool I'll swap the wires and give it a shot. How has the pedal worked for you? Built well? Any issues?

i've had four of these over the years, as i have the yamaha mfc-10. the polarity is reversed, as mr cooler has pointed out. they're built very well and have an enormous sweep, so they're good for volume and fine control of other parameters, but not so great for wah, imo

Sounds good like I said I tried it out of the box with my AX8 as a volume pedal and when my heel was all the way down I could still hear it when I played so you guys are telling me if I swap the wires it should fix it? I just want to be sure because I can still return it to the store now but if I swap the wires then I'm stuck with the pedal. Thanks for the help!

Sounds good like I said I tried it out of the box with my AX8 as a volume pedal and when my heel was all the way down I could still hear it when I played so you guys are telling me if I swap the wires it should fix it? I just want to be sure because I can still return it to the store now but if I swap the wires then I'm stuck with the pedal. Thanks for the help!

Get your hands on a short TRS extension and modify that, It'll keep your warranty and allow you to return if you don't like the feel.

no, the cable is integral. the only way to do it would be to cut the cable and reattach the wires the other way round

in a sense, it's not really worth it. there are so many good expression pedals about that do work

Back
Top Bottom