XY modifiers?

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
It's possible to attach a modifier in a preset to a block's bypass state, which gives control of the bypass to an external controller.

Is this also possible with a block's XY state? I know I can permanently/globally assign a specific block XY to a specific pedal, but I'm looking for a per-preset solution. I believe the answer is no but I'm checking to see if there's a hidden Easter egg that I missed.

Basically - I'd like to do some morphing tricks combined with switching to the Y state of a block when an expression pedal goes beyond half way.

P.S. If I were to drive across the US to Fractal HQ (hypothetically speaking) and bring with me good tidings of peanuts! and beer!, how much would hypothetically be required to buy enough goodwill for a MIDI Footswitch Block on the AX8? I would LOVE me some MIDI CC control (separate from scenes, so the MIDI Solutions event processor won't help). (I'm obviously being facetious for you literal guys, but this is at the top of my wish list).

It IS possible to attach a modifier to the bypass state. The attachment parameter is "BYPASS MODE".
It is NOT possible to attach a modifier to the X/Y Toggle switch, unfortunately.

It IS possible to attach a modifier to the bypass state. The attachment parameter is "BYPASS MODE".

I was stating this as such in my opening paragraph to set up the understanding of what I was looking for with XY. Probably better that you clarified for others reading the thread. Thanks!

X and Y states are not loaded at the same time, so it is not possible to morph between them

I was hoping that I could switch to Y at some fixed point during the pedal sweep, not morph between X and Y specifically. Other parameters would be morphing via other modifiers (to help mask the XY switch).

Wish list!

Back
Top Bottom