XLR LEFT out is slightly pushed in and there is a low hum coming from it……...

xemckidx

so i noticed a slight hum through the XLR left out of the axe fx into my matrix power amp. i switched it to the XLR right and the hum went away. upon further investigation the LEFT XLR is slightly pushed in. I'm assuming this is what is causing the issue. my question is, is this something i can open up and put back to where its supposed to be? could it just have come loose or would something have to break for it to push in slightly? anyone else have a similar issue and fix it? any information would be greatly helpful. sound out of it is still solid and consistent just has a slight low cycle hum. thanks for any responses and information!

so i opened her up and fixed it being pushed in but it still has that hum. i took this pic. the output with the hum is the one on the right in this pic. however that brown mark on the other seems definitely suspicious yet that output sounds and works absolutely fine.

20140721_011556_resized.jpg

so i opened her up and fixed it being pushed in but it still has that hum. i took this pic. the output with the hum is the one on the right in this pic. however that brown mark on the other seems definitely suspicious yet that output sounds and works absolutely fine.

View attachment 22535

Yeah, that looks like a scorch mark. The magic smoke got out of a component.

Back
Top Bottom