Xl patches not compatible with the Axe Fx II?

jsl2h

Inspired
So Tymon Krudenier of Exivious was kind enough to share some of his patches from his newly purchased Axe Fx II XL earlier today. Went to load 'em up on my Axe II (non-XL/Mk 1) and got the error from Axe-Edit that the presets contain "XL Data" and are not compatible with the II. Will this ever be fixed? It seems kinda odd to not be able to share patches between the two systems as I was under the impression they are the same thing except the XL has a bit more memory and a few extra ports.

You can load old presets with XL but not the reverse. The XL presets are much larger. There are more user cab slots, more x/y states, and you can bypass the mixer on the XL. I think Cliff stated there were no plans to make an XL to mkI/II converter.

it would be really nice if they were able to do so.

You would think they would introduce some kind of functionality to Axe-Edit where you can save your presets to be compatible with the older models. And just ditch the additional saved parameters.

You would think they would introduce some kind of functionality to Axe-Edit where you can save your presets to be compatible with the older models. And just ditch the additional saved parameters.

This has been stated to be in the plans. So Axe-Edit will be the XL <-> non-XL bridge.

This has been stated to be in the plans. So Axe-Edit will be the XL <-> non-XL bridge.

Can you provide a link to this information? I have never seen any statement from Fractal saying that XL presets would ever be useable with the MKI or II.

I was originally planning on keeping my II and adding XL. The one way compatability prodded me to get two XLs and then sell my II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom