XL first impressions

Thanks for the welcome! I'm still playing my XL at home thru headphones only and I'm enjoying the hell out of FW14.03! I'm planning to get the MFC in the next couple of weeks, then a Matrix GT1000FX (unless FAS releases an equivalent SOON) to rehearse and possibly gig with my band using my 1960B cab!

My band rig is just a Marshall halfstack (JCM800 2203KK & 1960B) so I depend on just one crushing, powerful, loud guitar tone for our originals-only set list. I expect the Axe/Matrix combo to sound at least similar if not better for our type of hardcore punk metal sound.

I don't post much, I'm a lazy typist but I come to the forum everyday and love being part of the Fractal Audio community. Thanks to all of you that make it happen! And congrats all for your deserved success working at Fractal Audio.

The combo of the Axe FX II XL and MFC101 Mk III is powerful magic. It's the biggest leap forward in my tone since... well... ever. I have played guitar professionally for 35 years, using Boogie, Fender, Bogner amps and boutique pedals. My AxeFX rig is really amazing. It's all I need for my touring rig, and it delivers beautiful deep tone.

Alright it's here!(my MFC)

Hope everything goes smooth with the initial set up and connection! (My XL is on 14.03!)

Back
Top Bottom