WTF Fractal!

tfodor

Inspired
So I was given the good old Fractal black tee for Christmas, and received it about a month ago. (gift from overseas)

I wore it twice, washed it, and it comes out like this!!!

IMG_6318.jpg

What the heck Fractal! Really disappointed in the quality of the shirt. And yes, I washed this with a bunch of other black tees and they all came out fine!

Not the end of the world, but for a $20+ shirt, I expected more!

Back to firmware 18 I go...

I'm not an expert on this, but did you check the wash temperature on the machine? I've ruined clothing with similar print on them by having the machine too hot, I should've checked the label.

I'm not an expert on this, but did you check the wash temperature on the machine? I've ruined clothing with similar print on them by having the machine too hot, I should've checked the label.

I always run on warm to save money, never on high heat!

Aah ok, probably worth pinging an email to support then. Clothing is not their first product line but they would be able to direct you to the best person to talk to.

There are several overseas vendors making Fractal shirts that (as far as I know) are not authorized Fractal Audio product. I've had mine a few years, washed it a bunch of times, and it looks pretty much new. I think this is one of those knock-offs, just judging by the quick wear. You can find those on Ebay as well... get one direct from FAS. It'll hold up better.

wow, seriously is this your first t-shirt? You cooked it in the dryer and the lettering cracked, just like millions upon millions of t-shirts since the beginning of time.

There are several overseas vendors making Fractal shirts that (as far as I know) are not authorized Fractal Audio product. I've had mine a few years, washed it a bunch of times, and it looks pretty much new. I think this is one of those knock-offs, just judging by the quick wear. You can find those on Ebay as well... get one direct from FAS. It'll hold up better.

hmmm that's interesting. I'm gonna make a few emails and see if I can get the receipt..

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

When I said "shipped overseas" I meant something a bit different. I live in the US, but was abroad after Christmas time. My family member purchased the shirt from Fractal to NJ, then shipped it to me herself. Here's a picture of the receipt, with my last name and username seen.

Imgur

Like I said, not really a big deal, but I don't see how it could be a fake if I purchased it from Fractal. With that being said, I just thought it was strange that after wearing pretty much completely black shirts (in this particular wash, I had a Telefunken tee, a Marshall tee, and my University tee, all black with white lettering) come out fine. To the guy up there, yeah, I've cracked shirts before, thanks dad. I just thought it was frustrating to see this happen after it's first wash, and one that was done properly.

You're welcome, son. Now let's talk about the internet tantrum you threw about a t-shirt, when you should have written an email to customer service.

You're grounded.

Turn down your hearing aid dad!

Just messing of course. I'm going to send an email in tomorrow. I wouldn't want to get an annoying email on Sunday, but a forum post? that's just fun :)

Did you wash it yourself? If so, then that's probably the issue.
After almost 10 years of living alone, serious online studying and numerous reads of the washing machines handbook, I came to realize that there's a mysterious superpower that only mothers possess that make clothing look as new when they come out the drum...

I wish I was kidding.

Last edited:
We're having a real problem with counterfeits. They're all over eBay. We've been reporting them nonstop but it's like whack-a-mole.

From what I can see, if you live outside N. America there doesn't seem any way to get a genuine Fractal T-shirt (or hat, stickers etc) - hence the counterfeiters will be trying to fill that gap.
If you expanded into worldwide sales this might help stop the problem?

Did you wash it yourself? If so, then that's probably the issue.
After almost 10 years of living alone, serious only studying and numerous reads of the washing machines handbook, I came to realize that there's a mysterious superpower that only mothers possess that make clothing look as new when they come out the drum...

I wish I was kidding.

:mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom