WTF Brit Studio 20? How many people wanted a Marshall SV20H in the Wish List???

I haven't tested the 5W power output but the 20W setting is more than 20W. Clean power output is about 25W. Then you have to factor in that Plexis get their distortion from overdriving the power amp so power output when pushed is probably 30-40W.

Thanks for working on the new model! Do you think you might include a model of this jumpered as well?

I personally haven’t tried the beta yet (too many events to update before), but I am super excited for a lower wattage Marshall Plexi style amp!

Whatever one's feelings about a thing, the first three letters of this post's title should be used in writing only when a wide range of interpretations (misunderstandings) is not only acceptable but maybe even intended.

One need not be a Vulcan to control their emotions to the point of making a point.

Whatever one's feelings about a thing, the first three letters of this post's title should be used in writing only when a wide range of interpretations (misunderstandings) is not only acceptable but maybe even intended.

One need not be a Vulcan to control their emotions to the point of making a point.
Afaik WTF means Where's The Food? I even have a T-shirt explaing that!

Yes, this is so very true. I have the SV20. Even at 5W it will run you out of the house due to volume.
I used to play with a Hughes and Kettner GM36 and even at many gigs had it on 1 or 2 watts - whatever the lowest was. Lol! Was a nice amp.

I’m pretty excited about the SV20 being modeled.

I too am insanely happy for all the updates. Since getting the FM9 I’ve sold basically every piece of gear I have except my Mezzabarba Z35 head and protein overdrive pedal. That being said could anyone point me in the direction of a thread or advice on how to get Nobels ODR drive tones from the drive block? I’m sure it has to be as easy as tweaking one of the existing drives advanced parameters

WTF in my world often refers to "Words That Fail"... I'm beginning to suspect that is the case here.

According to every review it's too loud at 5W for the bedroom.

Modern speakers are running right around 97dB when driven by one watt. That’s the equivalent of firing up a lawn mower in your bedroom.

Realistic power levels for “bedroom level” playing would be around 0.5 watts.

The happy accident is that it apparently sounds nothing like the actual amp and will hopefully make it back as a FAS amp. If you spent some time playing with it you would find that it is a great amp in its own right.
I love it, most of theses amps I'll never own or even see in real life so it doesn't matter to me if they sound like the "real thing". They all sound amazing

I haven't tested the 5W power output but the 20W setting is more than 20W. Clean power output is about 25W. Then you have to factor in that Plexis get their distortion from overdriving the power amp so power output when pushed is probably 30-40W.
Ah, like my 100w JCM800 benching 130w clean haha.

Back
Top Bottom