Wow....Radley!!!!

Really, really enjoyed this. Just a bunch of old pros jamming and doing what they do. Particularly enjoyed watching them play off each other - all of that non-verbal communication between musicians that allows for the song to ebb and flow naturally.

Big fun. I thought Hadley killed it and that his tone was fantastic. Obviously great band with a gazillion recording credits to their names having some fun.

Loved the singers voice... his motions reminded me of Joe Cocker. I wasn't too crazy about the bass tone, a little too 'middy' for me.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the lady on the couch bored out of her mind... I'm sure she was thinking, "are you guys done yet?!?" Husband replies, "woman! know you're role, daddy's paying the bills here!"

Just got to the trumpet part... hahahaha that was pretty cool.

The best part of the video was seeing Radley sport the calculator watch that I had almost 30 years ago! That was awesome! I remember seeing how many ways I could get the number 01134 on my watch just to be able to flip it over and have it say HELLO... hahahaha

Loved the singers voice... his motions reminded me of Joe Cocker. I wasn't too crazy about the bass tone, a little too 'middy' for me.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the lady on the couch bored out of her mind... I'm sure she was thinking, "are you guys done yet?!?" Husband replies, "woman! know you're role, daddy's paying the bills here!"

Just got to the trumpet part... hahahaha that was pretty cool.

The best part of the video was seeing Radley sport the calculator watch that I had almost 30 years ago! That was awesome! I remember seeing how many ways I could get the number 01134 on my watch just to be able to flip it over and have it say HELLO... hahahaha

or 8008135 !!:D

What an amazing line up! That sounded so good and so cool! Great guitar chops Radley!

And Phil Driscoll's voice sounds just slightly smaller than the universe. Amazing!!

Phil Driscoll's voice is one of a kind and his trumpet playing is world class. I was fortunate enough to see him live many, many years ago.

I really liked the clarity, cut and bite on Hadley's guitar. I thought it was a great fit for the song. I too am wondering which pickups he used to get those tones out of his Les Paul. His playing is very, very tasty, as it's always been, and I really enjoyed this clip.

Terry.

That was great! Thanks for posting that.

I loved the band interaction during and after the bass solo around 7:40'ish. Sudden groove changes like that from the whole group are magic moments and some my fondest memories from gigs.

That is some mighty tasty playing. I am now motivated to plug my LP into my Axe when I get home and get frustrated all over again by my inability to play like that. That is excellent for sure. Thank you for posting the video.

I loved it all. I dig the compressed clean sound for this particular vibe.

I also dug the prestidigitation with his right hand fingers switching between fingers and pick at 4:30. Reminded me of watching a caterpillars feet. I know many of us do it, but it just looked cool to me.

What great music and feel! These guys have always given so much to music and to [us] fans... thank you over and over... reminded me a little of Koinanina Celebration!

And when I saw the video title that brought to mind another great Abe Laboriel and other Greats treat that I have loved for many years (1985!) Nothing to do with Radley or Axe, and I don't mean to hijack... just offering what might be a hidden treasure for some.

Bass Players - 10:56 is for you!

What great music and feel! These guys have always given so much to music and to [us] fans... thank you over and over... reminded me a little of Koinanina Celebration!

And when I saw the video title that brought to mind another great Abe Laboriel and other Greats treat that I have loved for many years (1985!) Nothing to do with Radley or Axe, and I don't mean to hijack... just offering what might be a hidden treasure for some.

Bass Players - 10:56 is for you!

That was as much fun to watch as it was to listen too.

Typically I'm not into a Trumpet for blues playing, but EVERYTHING else just KNOCKED ME OUT !

Hey guys - Thanks for your input on this. My friend Boyd Matson works for National Geographic ~ I have known him since I was 15 years old and he has always loved the blues. On his own dime, he decided to video a blues session of us 'Koinonia & Friends', just to document how we love to play this music, yet hardly ever get to play it anywhere else (you won't hear this stuff at a Neil Diamond concert, etc). I grew up playing Blues and R & B in Oklahoma City at a time when people really valued the 'real deal', and although I have broadened my musical knowledge, the blues are still at the core of most everything I play.

At the risk of being a downer, I was not using any Fractal equipment on this day - it would have sounded more authentic if I had, but this session was set up very quickly, and my Fractal touring setup was far away at Neil's warehouse, so I opted to go with my older GT-8 setup I used for years before acquiring the AFX ll. No speakers or mics were used - the signal from the GT-8 outs went straight to the board (with the aid of a black box which shall not be mentioned). For the clean tones, I simply used some Boss compression into a clean Fender amp & cab...for the OD stuff, I added a stomp OD and a bit of pre-EQ. Many folks like the stereo processing I use, but some don't - I personally find a very dry sound much more unnatural than a tone with some added delay & ambiance, so that's how I prefer to roll....

Regarding my Les Paul: The pickups are made by Guitar Fetish and they are very similar to the old Gretsch Filtertrons and TV Jones PUs. I use the Dan Armstrong series/parallel switching system in all my electrics....very versatile setup! I added the middle PU (noiseless) so I could get all the classic Strat sounds without switching guitars...

~Hadley~

Back
Top Bottom