Wow! Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Acoustic Tone From Heaven!

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
All right, I decided to give this Tonematching thing a go and see if it's really as good as it sounds. My experience with Fishman Aura left me completely disenchanted with trying to get some good acoustic tones out of my piezo-equipped guitar.

So! The best advice I got on this was to select a mono input. LEFT ONLY on the USB input. That made a HUGE difference and got rid of the hollow phase issues so typical of the Fishman. Then it took only 2 minutes.

I used "Blue Moon" on Tommy Emmanuel's Acoustic album and went for it. I can't play the tune so I just fiddled with some chords from Autumn Leaves and other things. But the tone is what counts:

Excellent! Please tell us more - what type of guitar did you use, and which Aura IR selection?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, what I love most about the tone matching is hearing all the beautiful tones and IMPRESSIVE playing from all the forum members on stuff that isn't the high gain shredding that seems to be so prevalent.

I dream of the day I can "fiddle" like that! That really was beautiful Patzag!

Thanks guys.

Guitar used is a Parker DF825 with Ghost saddles and acoustiphonic preamp. There's no Aura in the chain at all. This is straight piezo into the front of the Axe, a filter block for some extra gain and a Tonematch block (and reverb). I mentioned Aura because I hated it. Bought it and sent it back within 3 days.
I can share but it's fairly useless IMO. It tools literally 2 minutes to make this patch. It is tailored to MY guitar sound and will not sound the same with yours.
To get your own, follow the basic tutorial and you'll get it. It is uber-simple.
I absolutely LOVE the ability to export the TMA to a User Cab preset. It makes the whole thing ultra easy to do.

So here is the User cab with the IR in it. But realize that what you might want is to match YOUR guitar to the sound you want, not mine.

Attachments

• Tommy.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,621
Last edited:
Wow, just tried the IR with my ghost equipped 7321. the results are amazing! I'll try to get a clip up soon for comparison.

I got a 4am problem call from work, so as long as I'm up I downloaded this IR. I've only been able to listen on headphones, but this is MUCH better than anything I've gotten on my own. A little EQ & it sounds great in the headphones. No hollowness. Peavey Impact Milano with Graphtech Ghost system (mahagony body/maple top, blocked tailpiece, maple neck/rosewood fingerboard bolt-on neck).

Can't wait to hear more of this later. Thanks!

Beautiful sound, bro. Well done. I have to have a look at your patch but I always wondered what kind of amp do I have to choose if I want to tone match an acoustic tone.

Again, well done.

Beautiful sound, bro. Well done. I have to have a look at your patch but I always wondered what kind of amp do I have to choose if I want to tone match an acoustic tone.

Again, well done.

Thanks. There's no patch attached, just the cab. There's also no amp in the patch, just a filter block used to boost the level, and in the TMA block itself, I cranked the output level by 10 dB. Just to match the output to the rest of my presets which do use an amp.

Last edited:
Why cant I load up the patch via newest version of Axe Edit? the size of this patch is bigger than other syx files and ive got it already at axe edit > patches but no go help?

Why cant I load up the patch via newest version of Axe Edit? the size of this patch is bigger than other syx files and ive got it already at axe edit > patches but no go help?

Because it's not a patch, it's a cab. Load it into a user cab slot. Adjust level to taste, add some reverb and you should be there.

Because it's not a patch, it's a cab. Load it into a user cab slot. Adjust level to taste, add some reverb and you should be there.

I did just that.It then locked up axe edit.Now I cant get axe edit to open.Strange.

An easy way to tell is to look at the files size. A preset patch will be 7kb and a cab IR will be 11kb.

Back
Top Bottom