Wow - it is badass - updated with better pix on 9/13/10

Re: Wow - it is badass

Better Pix:

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

Back of my rack (note the white gaffer's tape holding the MFC power supply to the Furman):
IMG_6253.jpg

For the the sake of completeness, my Axe-FX rack from the front:
IMG_6262.jpg

Ah...I've heard of that box before. People can't stop going on about their tone after they get one of those! :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, that's actually rather clever. Give your rack instant mojo while allowing a space for the Axe to cool.

I also love the last spec, "90% Waterproof." Classic.

Does anybody know of any companies that sell label makers that use magnetic strips instead of tape? It seems like magnetic labels would be a lot cleaner and easier to deal with than tape that could gum up your pedal or be a pain to remove if you decide to change your settings.

I haven't found any company that specifically make magnetic labels but I went to my local Ace hardware and found a roll of 1/2" magnetic 'tape'. You can cut it to any length. It is also sticky on one side. Put some paper on that side and you label it how you want.

GreatGreen said:
It seems like magnetic labels would be a lot cleaner and easier to deal with than tape

Well, if you try that, let us know what happens...
I never let anything magnetic close to any computer related thing... I guess it is far less critical to put a magnet on a MFC than on the Axe itself, but still, I'm not sure about possible magnetic interferences...
:twisted:

magnets will not stick to the fx1, alredy tried :) not sure about other pedals, but if it's the same material no.

It is magnetic, I found a sheet for making labels at office max, but the thickness is not enough for the magnets to be very strong. On the wrapping it said that it was safe for computers and tv's. I printed the labels and then used a double sided tape to keep them in place. They will lift off with out leaving any residue and will stay in place well enough that they shouldn't move when transporting. I would post a picture, but I don't know how to do that. By the way, I was one of the 5 that got in on the ones that were made available. I also have a LF pro.

ckofahl said:
It is magnetic, I found a sheet for making labels at office max, but the thickness is not enough for the magnets to be very strong. On the wrapping it said that it was safe for computers and tv's. I printed the labels and then used a double sided tape to keep them in place. They will lift off with out leaving any residue and will stay in place well enough that they shouldn't move when transporting. I would post a picture, but I don't know how to do that. By the way, I was one of the 5 that got in on the ones that were made available. I also have a LF pro.

I'm confused. Your labels attach magnetically or with adhesive from double-sided tape?

the labels were magnetic, however they were not strong enough. If I were to bump them with my foot, they moved so I used some 3m double sided tape to keep that from happening. I can still pull them up without leaving any residue, but they won't move if I bump them or when I transport the MFC.

ckofahl said:
the labels were magnetic, however they were not strong enough. If I were to bump them with my foot, they moved so I used some 3m double sided tape to keep that from happening. I can still pull them up without leaving any residue, but they won't move if I bump them or when I transport the MFC.

Got it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom