Would you use/contribute to a AxeFX Cab/Preset etc. Page?

sober

Hey everyone!

Finally i got my Axe FX Ultra and i am loving it. As I earn my money with development and stuff, and I haven't found a place, where you can easily browse and find Presets, IRs etc. for this great device, I thought: why?

If there would be a website, where everyone can upload, download, comment and rate presets, Impulse Responses etc., would you use the page? I think it would take around a week to build a good looking and useable website for this purpose, so, if enough would use it, I would build and host it.

Because of the useabillity of a forum, for me, its not the correct engine to manage those stuff. And, not to say something bad... the forums are extremly slow and throw some errors. :)

~Jens

Re: Would you use/contribute to a AxeFX Cab/Preset etc. Page

There is a preset manager in the Axe Editor where you can interact with axechange and upload and download presets.

The Axe-Change feature as it currently exists is largely useless, imo. The Axe-Change website should never have been closed, and I for one would be happy to contribute my presets to a new site if it had a proper, fully-featured search engine, with presets categorized according to setup (amp or FRFR, etc.). Should be able to search by keyword at the very least.

Yes, I will. :mrgreen:

Yeah id definitely use it and contribute. The old Axe Change web site was very handy when i first got my Axe-fx. Plus its always nice to get a fresh perpective on new patches as i always tend to make similar patches.

Like was mentioned though, it would be handy if it was segmented into those presets for use with an amp and those for FRFR - or at least if you could search based on that.

Also, all the different user IRs sometimes meant the patch you downlaoded sounded totally different - even useless on your set up. Same could be said with older firmware versions to a lesser extent. Like i'd imagine if the old Axe Change was still up now it would be cluttered with lots of presets from verion 5.XX which would be fairly useless now and would just make searching for or cyling through presets a bit of a chore. If there was some way round this it would also be a bonus...

Just my 0.02 !

savo said:
Also, all the different user IRs sometimes meant the patch you downlaoded sounded totally different - even useless on your set up. Same could be said with older firmware versions to a lesser extent. Like i'd imagine if the old Axe Change was still up now it would be cluttered with lots of presets from verion 5.XX which would be fairly useless now and would just make searching for or cyling through presets a bit of a chore. If there was some way round this it would also be a bonus...
Agreed. So you would need categories or search designations for firmware version and User IR/cab used (stock or custom).

Okay, I had plans to save the following infos per preset:
  • Name of the Preset[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • "Sound" of the Preset (Clean, Crunch, HiGain, Ambient, FX)[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • "Use" of the Preset (Recording/DI, FRFR, Amp)[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Firmware Version[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Tags (User can add tags to make finding easier)[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Userdescription[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Soundsample optional (A short mp3)[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Rating[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Comments[/*:m:12l02v5f]
  • Upload-Date[/*:m:12l02v5f]

Perhaps I should add a field, where you can give infos of the IR you use. If also on the page, it could be linked.

All the Infos should be used for searching and for some kind of filtering like (show me all for Firmware 9.03, HiGain for Amp-Use)

sober said:
  • Name of the Preset[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • "Sound" of the Preset (Clean, Crunch, HiGain, Ambient, FX)[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • "Use" of the Preset (Recording/DI, FRFR, Amp)[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Firmware Version[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Tags (User can add tags to make finding easier)[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Userdescription[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Soundsample optional (A short mp3)[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Rating[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Comments[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]
  • Upload-Date[/*:m:2ot0v2rr]

Perhaps I should add a field, where you can give infos of the IR you use. If also on the page, it could be linked.

All the Infos should be used for searching and for some kind of filtering like (show me all for Firmware 9.03, HiGain for Amp-Use)
Awesome. Add the IR info/link and that's perfect. :cool:

sober said:
  • Name of the Preset[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • "Sound" of the Preset (Clean, Crunch, HiGain, Ambient, FX)[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • "Use" of the Preset (Recording/DI, FRFR, Amp)[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Firmware Version[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Tags (User can add tags to make finding easier)[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Userdescription[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Soundsample optional (A short mp3)[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Rating[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Comments[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]
  • Upload-Date[/*:m:3l2w6fj2]

Sounds good ! The option to attach the IR you used (if its not a stock one) or provide a link to it or something would be great because the IR can be a huge part of the sound. I know most of my high gain sounds use an Engl Pro Cab IR that i cant even remember where i got it but its loaded into my user preset slot 1 and is my go to IR so my patches would be pretty useless without it :mrgreen: and id have no idea where to put a link to it.

Be aware that after the Preset Manager on Axe-edit is redone, Axe-change will be revamped. At least that was the plan according to Tom awhile back. I do not believe that has changed.

Sounds good. It might also be worth having a space for IR mix recipes as there are many people who mix commercial IRs which they cannot share legally but can share the recipe.

Spence

* Name of the Preset
* "Sound" of the Preset (Clean, Crunch, HiGain, Ambient, FX)
* "Use" of the Preset (Recording/DI, FRFR, Amp)
* Firmware Version
* Tags (User can add tags to make finding easier)
* Userdescription
* Soundsample optional (A short mp3)
* Rating
* Comments
* Upload-Date

I think it would be very useful and would also suggest a category for the amp/cab/combo and developer. For example, you could search for all presets developed by XXX on a Verve FBT 12ma that are 'clean' or 'low gain'.

quark said:

* Name of the Preset
* "Sound" of the Preset (Clean, Crunch, HiGain, Ambient, FX)
* "Use" of the Preset (Recording/DI, FRFR, Amp)
* Firmware Version
* Tags (User can add tags to make finding easier)
* Userdescription
* Soundsample optional (A short mp3)
* Rating
* Comments
* Upload-Date

I think it would be very useful and would also suggest a category for the amp/cab/combo and developer. For example, you could search for all presets developed by XXX on a Verve FBT 12ma that are 'clean' or 'low gain'.
I'm personally not in favour of including categories for sound. First of all, people define "high gain" or "medium gain" differently, as they do terms like "crunch". It's largely meaningless. I think that amp/cab info such as you suggest would more effectively be handled by users simply adding those terms as tags. Just my £0.02.

javajunkie said:
Be aware that after the Preset Manager on Axe-edit is redone, Axe-change will be revamped. At least that was the plan according to Tom awhile back. I do not believe that has changed.

I didnt think so either. I would not invest time or money in anything that will be be squashed by the Revamped Axe-Change. :p

javajunkie said:

But let's be honest: a user who is motivated to put something up like has been suggested could get that done over a weekend whereas the Fractal boys, as ingenious as they are, aren't the world's quickest to execute an idea :D

I mean no disrespect at all, I just really agree that this is a great idea and the current Axechange is pretty much useless.

GuitarDojo said:
I would not invest time or money in anything that will be be squashed by the Revamped Axe-Change. :p
That's all very well, but this was the promise when Axe-Edit was launched. It didn't happen. The only result was a vastly inferior patch-trading experience and folks going back to sharing presets via the messaging system on this forum.

Hmm, difficult to say. Sure, it would suck to invest some time (I think around a week until first useable beta, and than some time to implement requests and bugfixes, it 2 weeks later the AxeChange will come up again. If AxeChange will let us wait for some month, it may be worth to have a place until than.
Does anyone know, how soon FASs Site will be up again?

There are some voices, that sound like they want a platform to trade. Might it be worth to contact FAS? Perhaps one could work together in a later step or something?

sober said:
Hmm, difficult to say. Sure, it would suck to invest some time (I think around a week until first useable beta, and than some time to implement requests and bugfixes, it 2 weeks later the AxeChange will come up again. If AxeChange will let us wait for some month, it may be worth to have a place until than.
Does anyone know, how soon FASs Site will be up again?

There are some voices, that sound like they want a platform to trade. Might it be worth to contact FAS? Perhaps one could work together in a later step or something?

The current Axechange works through the editor and is in a very, very basic form. What they said they were going to do. Is revamp the editor. First the grid part (which they have done), then they said they were going to redo the preset manager, then finally axe-change. PM Tom King about working together.

This is the idea for the upload page:

Too complicated? Any wishes?

The Layer will show, if you click on a ? beside the labels.
page_example.png

Back
Top Bottom