Would two amp blocks actually be easily possible?

DTS

Experienced
I read some old posts and walked into Cliffs sentence, where he said, that Amp block uses very low amount of the CPU.

So this got me thinking, why wouldn't it be possible to add the possibility for two amp blocks? I actually don't usually need to use two amps the same time. But with two amp blocks, there would be no audio gap changing between two amps with scenes. Right?

With the cost of just little more CPU use... Fractal Audio, just do it! :cool:

The one amp block uses an entire CPU and very little of the other one. CPU usage is only reported for the other one.

So no, it's not possible.

The one amp block uses an entire CPU and very little of the other one. CPU usage is only reported for the other one.

So no, it's not possible.

Ok, so CPU 1 is dedicated 100% to Amp Block and after that the Amp Block takes few % from the CPU 2 as well?

Since they were able to reduce the cpu usage with the latest FW, it stands to reason that they should be able to continue that trend and theoretically add dual amp capabilities in the future.
Not likely. You can only compress things so much. Unless a major breakthrough is discovered, 0.5 to 1% CPU reduction every few major FW isn’t gonna give us another 100% CPU for a 2nd amp.

Not likely. You can only compress things so much. Unless a major breakthrough is discovered, 0.5 to 1% CPU reduction every few major FW isn’t gonna give us another 100% CPU for a 2nd amp.

50% would be enough ;)

But still even if there was a continuous improvement possible it would take a couple of decades given the current improvement rate.

I read some old posts and walked into Cliffs sentence, where he said, that Amp block uses very low amount of the CPU.

So this got me thinking, why wouldn't it be possible to add the possibility for two amp blocks? I actually don't usually need to use two amps the same time. But with two amp blocks, there would be no audio gap changing between two amps with scenes. Right?

With the cost of just little more CPU use... Fractal Audio, just do it! :cool:

Don't think it'll happen on the Ax8 BUT have you tried to run a DRIVE in parallel with your AMP and program the drive to sound like an amp? It works and will not eat up the CPU like a 2nd amp will. You can use a combination DRIVE/EQ or DRIVE/EQ/COMP,etc to simulate a simulation of an amp . .ha. . .Leon gave a demo awhile back with the Rat, and that was the neatest idea I've seen on this forum, methinks. .

Eric

50% would be enough ;)

But still even if there was a continuous improvement possible it would take a couple of decades given the current improvement rate.
I was talking about reducing the other effects to get another “100%.” That’s where we’ve mostly seen reduction, not in the Amps. Semantics, but just clarifying.

I'm sure the only one who can answer this question with absolute certainty is Cliff or the programmers.

All my AXFX 2 dirt patches have a Marshall w/ a Fender slightly breaking up and very low in the background. One of the reasons I havent gotten an AX8 yet for fly gigs. I've thought of buying a Fender pedal to put in the effects loop.

I'm sure the only one who can answer this question with absolute certainty is Cliff or the programmers.

The question has already been answered by the programmers...

If the OP needs two amp models simultaneously, perhaps a different product would better meet your needs (AxeFX II).

Back
Top Bottom