worth buying a liquid foot jr over a Midi Mate?

pisquano

Inspired
I heard strange stories about ordering the liquid foot...wait times etc etc
also not sure if they make a power supply that works in europe (240v)?

at the same time the liquid foot display syncs well with the Fractal (patches names, tuner) which the midi mate doesn't

thoughts?

the liquid foot jr could be an amazing product but right now it's very buggy and there is no product support whatsoever. you would think for the price of the LF jr that it would work perfectly but it doesn't. i'm hoping that something changes with that company soon or maybe fractal will release a small mfc-101 jr

An announcement is being made today at the NY Amp show about the MFC101 - price, availability, etc.
Wait to see if that is something that may work for you or.. if you want to save $$ go with the FCB1010 :)

I have to say my LF jr has not been buggy at all. I've had zero problems with it. The LF forum took care of my one question, which was something that isn't even a question anymore due to the firmware upgrades. Given the number of firmware upgrades since I got mine a few months ago, I think its quite unfair to call it unsupported.

Want to see "unsupported", you should try some of the soundcards I've had... 1-2 years, yes years, behind on OS patches!!!

To be clear, I'm not doing anything crazy, just changing Axe presets and then turning individual FX on and off but its never been a problem in my Axe rig.
I'll be adding a Mission Pedal for wah stuff this weekend. I'll let people know how that goes.
The phantom power works well and I like that.

I think its a big overstatement to call it "buggy" as a platform personally, but I'm not launching rockets with it, and some people here really do stuff I don't even understand, so maybe there are other examples. I'll vouch for the basics.

-P

FPFL said:
I think its a big overstatement to call it "buggy" as a platform personally,...

+1.
There are several bugs, but for 'normal' use and even more advanced use you won't notice them.

IMHO the most annoying bug is that the autoload presets from the Axe-Fx doesn't work all the time.

But the greatest 'bug' is that you probably won't get any, since I haven't seen them delivered the last months and there's a complete silence from Jeff (the maker) since several months (with me)

Still I find the LF jr. and pro the most advanced midi-controllers on the earth at the moment. of course all IMHO and YMMV

Jeff should be sending voes money... his website has probably helped/sold lots of LF's...

Anyways, the LF JR is great... not buggy for me on the current firmware; I would just stick with it when the MFC101 comes out, but I have a looper pedal in my effects loop now, and there's just not enough buttons on the LFJR to control a looper AND presets/stomps...

For just the Axe though, the LFJR is really sweet! I'm using 3B mode.

My Pro works great. The only issues I ever have are user related. I use mine with my Ultra and VG-99 so I would say my use would slot into the medium complexity range. I still never get over 7-8 commands on a single IA. The LF is definitely worth the wait. There's nothing that can touch it IMO.

FWIW, Matt Bellamy of Muse uses one and he has one of the most complex rigs I've ever seen. His LF Pro handles it all. I can't imagine he would be using any product that was "buggy".

If you have an enquiry about a Liquid Foot I wouldn't hold your breath... I've been emailing for 6 months trying to get a basic response... it threw my situation out of whack because I constantly thought one would be around the corner but always ended up having to use my FCB1010 at the last minute before a tour.... I have given up... just patiently waiting for the Fractal controller now

deadletter said:
If you have an enquiry about a Liquid Foot I wouldn't hold your breath... I've been emailing for 6 months trying to get a basic response... it threw my situation out of whack because I constantly thought one would be around the corner but always ended up having to use my FCB1010 at the last minute before a tour.... I have given up... just patiently waiting for the Fractal controller now

I have no idea why people are having so much trouble. I've always been able to make contact, even using his old email.

Does anyone know if anything has happened to Jeff?

I have read many stories of him being uncontactable.
I had one contact with him after i bought my LF Pro but he hasn't responded since.
I'm desperately waiting for a fix to the autoload problem.

Ditto for the comment above about Patrick Voes getting credit for a really marvellous webhelp site.
He was equally as helpful in the past when i had my FCB1010.

Back
Top Bottom