Wish Workflow improvement - select a block and move it with arrow keys

Orvillain

Power User
Go to either layout view.
Go to a block to highlight it.
Push big rotary encoder. (nothing currently assigned to this command from what I can see)
Block is selected.
Use left/right/up/down keys to move the block around the layout.
Press encoder again to drop it.

There are already plenty of capability differences between the FM3 and the FM9 and the AxeIII.
This needs to be available on all models. However you hypothetically get it done. This is a basic functionality ask vs deep parameter that gets ported into the III that doesn't trickle down.

This needs to be available on all models. However you hypothetically get it done. This is a basic functionality ask vs deep parameter that gets ported into the III that doesn't trickle down.
Personally I wouldn't nerf or avoid this feature to suit the FM3. For example, the big knob is the one to use.. not the smaller encoder. Maybe the FM3 could use a smaller encoder, but I wouldn't make more difficult or less intuitive to use on the Axe III just to suit the FM3.

When you select a block currently and press enter, it will allow you to remove or add a shunt. So we can't use the enter key. The edit key goes into the effect to edit it. The encoders offer zoom, delete, bypass, cable, and controllers. The only one of those I could see a valid case to swap is cable; it does the same thing as the enter key.

So for me it is either the large encoder, and only the FM9 and Axe III get the feature.... or the enter key stops being the quick-shunt button and starts being the "pick up effect" button... or the 4th encoder loses the "cable" shortcut and instead is a "pick up effect" shortcut.

Personally I wouldn't nerf or avoid this feature to suit the FM3. For example, the big knob is the one to use.. not the smaller encoder. Maybe the FM3 could use a smaller encoder, but I wouldn't make more difficult or less intuitive to use on the Axe III just to suit the FM3.

When you select a block currently and press enter, it will allow you to remove or add a shunt. So we can't use the enter key. The edit key goes into the effect to edit it. The encoders offer zoom, delete, bypass, cable, and controllers. The only one of those I could see a valid case to swap is cable; it does the same thing as the enter key.

So for me it is either the large encoder, and only the FM9 and Axe III get the feature.... or the enter key stops being the quick-shunt button and starts being the "pick up effect" button... or the 4th encoder loses the "cable" shortcut and instead is a "pick up effect" shortcut.
As someone who owns both; I would hate to see it come to the III and not the FM. So whatever that could be hypothetically done that could be consistent from one unit to the other would be great.

Or I could just buy that 3rd FM9 I've been talking about :flushed::D

Back
Top Bottom