Wish You Were Here - Intro

djmonte

Finally got around to putting this intro together. The Axe is awesome if you want to get creative (hell it's awesome even if you're lazy).

Thanks to the W@rped Vinyl factory preset and pulling some pieces from Yek's presets (thanks Yek), I was able to get a convincing intro to Wish You Were Here.

Played on a Fender Strat with Graph Tech piezo pickups for an acoustic-like sound.

Thanks Loopie...

Attached the Preset & Cab block which is a tonematch I use with my strat.
View attachment Wish You Were Here.syx
View attachment Acoustic Strat_20140830_152401.blk

The Mixer Block is controlled by Extern2 to go from a lo-fi am radio sound (toe down) to normal (toe up).

You should be able to replace the Amp and Cab blocks with anything else you prefer for you guitar and just set the level.

First time I attached a preset or files, let me know if this doesn't work properly or if you need something else.

Forgot to mention, scene 2 has the wind sound (like in the end of the song), with Extern2 toe-down.

Thanks Chef, learned that from your Wind Machine.

Great job!! What is the blk file?

Cheers!!

Thanks Loopie...

Attached the Preset & Cab block which is a tonematch I use with my strat.
View attachment 24150
View attachment 24151

The Mixer Block is controlled by Extern2 to go from a lo-fi am radio sound (toe down) to normal (toe up).

You should be able to replace the Amp and Cab blocks with anything else you prefer for you guitar and just set the level.

First time I attached a preset or files, let me know if this doesn't work properly or if you need something else.

Finally got around to putting this intro together. The Axe is awesome if you want to get creative (hell it's awesome even if you're lazy).

Thanks to the W@rped Vinyl factory preset and pulling some pieces from Yek's presets (thanks Yek), I was able to get a convincing intro to Wish You Were Here.

Played on a Fender Strat with Graph Tech piezo pickups for an acoustic-like sound.

Sounds quite close! Did you use the Graph Tech piezo pickups together with their Acousti-Phonic preamp or as a stand-alone solution?
If amplified (preamp), did you mix your piezo and magnetic pickups or did you use the piezos exclusively?

Sounds quite close! Did you use the Graph Tech piezo pickups together with their Acousti-Phonic preamp or as a stand-alone solution?
If amplified (preamp), did you mix your piezo and magnetic pickups or did you use the piezos exclusively?

I had the Graph Tech kit installed with the Acousti-Phonic preamp installed inside the guitar. This recording is with the piezos exclusively.

Thanks for the answer. I'm on the fence for this since I found several very authentic sounding You Tube demostrations on the Graph Tech Ghost system.

Back
Top Bottom