Wish - VU meters in Axe Edit

Yeah, I know that I keep coming into this thread and sound all negative, but I'm really not. I just have the feeling that it'd be one of those things that if it was practical or without negative repercussions that we'd already have it. Plus it's not like we don't have tools that can do this for us with zero impact (the Orban meter I mentioned in an earlier thread).

No one would be happier than me to see it in there; I'm just not going to limit myself in the interim when there are other ways to skin this cat.

It's just the same thing as streaming tuner data to axeedit i guess...
Yes, and that's a data-intensive operation for AE/AFII to complete over MIDI. I don't think it'd be easy to have the VUs and edit control functional at the same time.

I have just started to use axe edit and it is great. But a few weeks ago I watched Chris K videos on the VU meters in the utility menu to level output of prests/amps. Great and have been using it. But now with axe edit as I try new presets/amps I was wishing for the VU meters and level control to be in axe edit or maybe I did not find them yet. So I have computer about 10-15 feet away from axe fx and have to walk over to tweak that control.
Before grabbing my wife's laptop and using axe edit the axe fx was on counter by me. I have longer usb cable and 10foot jumper to span the lenght. I just found this thread this morning, did not read through it, but from Iaresee reply above it seems like it can't be done? Thankful for what we got.
Gary

Back
Top Bottom