Wish: 'utility' button in Axe-Edit

craiguitar

Power User
I'd like there to be a button in Axe-Edit that displays the utility menu on the front panel of the Axe-Fx. This is so I can view the VU meters without having to go over to the front panel and press Utility every single time. Do you think that would be something that could be implemented?

I'd like there to be a button in Axe-Edit that displays the utility menu on the front panel of the Axe-Fx. This is so I can view the VU meters without having to go over to the front panel and press Utility every single time. Do you think that would be something that could be implemented?
IIRC, the utility page does not emit the midi data necessary to implement/poll that on AE. It's also one of the least used functions in the axe. Set and forget mostly. There may be room in the OS to add that, but that's a Cliff question.

I suppose the other way would be to have the ability for the VU meters page to stay visible or 'lock' it if required, because as it is now, it disappears whenever you click on another block in Axe-Edit. I think someone has suggested this option before.

There used to be VU "meters" in the old, early versions of AE, back in the Std/Ultra days. They were an approximation, not really accurate and took up cpu on the client. Nice feature, but unclear if it's on their radar.

There used to be VU "meters" in the old, early versions of AE, back in the Std/Ultra days. They were an approximation, not really accurate and took up cpu on the client. Nice feature, but unclear if it's on their radar.

I realise that VU meters within Axe-Edit itself is a non-starter, and would like most settle for the VU page being visible on the front panel at will.

Back
Top Bottom