Implemented WISH - More Envelope Followers (controllers) - One for Each Input

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Dear Fractal Audio,
Love your product and I use in with electric and acoustic violins. In fact I actually keep at least two violins (sometimes three) plugged into each input 1, 2 and 3 respectively. ------- in your terms; different guitars with different pickups respond differently; same here for fiddles.

MY WISH::: That there would be more than one envelope follower controller. PLEASE have one for each input.

As some of my presets are made for input 1 (aka instrument one), some presets are just for input two (aka fiddle two), some for fiddle three --- and I need envelope followers for all of my presets.

P L E A S E -- More Envelopes for Da Fiddle Man
Thank You

FYI you can select Input 1 or Input 2 as envelope source per preset.

Multiple envelope controllers would be nice, but it sounds like your example would be covered by adding Input 3 to the input source options.

Also, Envelope Followers are part of the Controllers block, and the Controllers block has 4 channels. So there are 4 Envelope Controllers available per preset.

THANKS......however, I don't see, when you're assigning a controller to a particular knob (or setting) - how to select Envelope Follower A, B, C or D?

That is why I thought there was only one ---- how do you select, as you're assigning it in the preset --- a particular Envelope Follower????
MoreEnvelopes-02.png

THANKS......however, I don't see, when you're assigning a controller to a particular knob (or setting) - how to select Envelope Follower A, B, C or D?

That is why I thought there was only one ---- how do you select, as you're assigning it in the preset --- a particular Envelope Follower????
View attachment 64505
There is only ne Envelope Follower. It has four channels.

I know there's one envelope follower.........but at the place where I'm attaching it, or assigning it to a specific knob on a block ---- how do I select which channel (of the one and only envelope follower) I want to use.

Remember.... it's at the point of assigning a particular knob or switch to the controller that I want to select which channel of the (envelope follower) controller I want.............

but HOW to which controller channel?

I don't know if controller channel switching will help with anything you mentioned so far. You can leave the controllers block on channel A and just select Input 1 or Input 2 as envelope source per preset.

The channels are selected in the "controllers" menu and affect everything in that menu like LFOs, ADSR, etc. Switching options are the same as other blocks: scenes, channel select/inc/dec switches, front panel editing or Axe-Edit, etc.

Bakerman - thanks for they reply.
So it "seems" my approach and thinking IS NOT how the Axe is set up.

In one specific block (say a delay) I want to assign the envelope follower Channel A to a particular knob (say the feedback % knob), but in another preset in a different specific block (say reverb block), I want to assign the envelope follower Channel B to the mix knob.

Am I unable to do this; to assign the different envelope channels to control different knobs on different blocks????

Thanks

I think Bakerman has probably pointed you in the right direction by suggesting you look at different channels in the controllers block.

I think Bakerman has probably pointed you in the right direction by suggesting you look at different channels in the controllers block.

P L E A S E ----- Having different channels for the envelope follower doesn't seem to help - if you can't assign Channel A to control the mix on a reverb and Channel B to control the % feedback on a delay.

Unless somebody can explain how you actually take advantage of the different channels on a control block - when assigning the controller to control something on a delay, reverb, chorus, etc. ------ correct me if I'm wrong here???

It "seems" to me you can't assign or choose which channel of a controller to use (which channel of the envelope follower) -- when you set or assign it to control something on a fx block; so this is why we need a new WISH here. Right???

By all means --- if you can show me how to choose channel A or channel B of the envelope follower when I assign it to control something on an fx block; then you've demonstrated the software meets my needs. If not --- here's a new WISH.

Thanks!

P L E A S E ----- Having different channels for the envelope follower doesn't seem to help - if you can't assign Channel A to control the mix on a reverb and Channel B to control the % feedback on a delay.

You can, but you need to also change the channel on those blocks. Here'a a short summary of an example you can use for testing.

Scene 1: Controllers Channel A, Reverb Channel A, with a modifier that is set to only apply when the channel is A, Delay Channel A, with a modifier that is set to only apply when the channel is B.

Scene 2: Controllers Channel B, Reverb Channel B, with a modifier that is set to only apply when the channel is A, Delay Channel B, with a modifier that is set to only apply when the channel is B.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom