Wish More Control Switches

I wonder what use cases people have for the CS switch. I specifically use this because I want my WET and DRY (core tone) effects to be independent of each other. I'll either use scenes to control the WET, and Control Switches to control the dry or vice-versa.

Because we don't have scene independent blocks, I have to use control-switches and this is limiting. Control Switches are definitely difficult to understand for new users. I have tried to explain this to a few friends of mine with Axe's and it goes over like a lead balloon.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/option-to-make-a-block-scene-independent.141532/

I could probably ditch all my control switches if we had the above feature. However, at the same time, I could actually use Control Switches in a more dynamic way because block independence would mean I could have my block independence change a block channel and have it persist. I currently can't change channels with Control Switches.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...as-modifier-source-for-channel-select.149828/

For those that use 1-preset per song, this probably isn't as huge of an issue. For me, I use about 3 different kitchen sink style presets. Only real difference between all of them is the core amp tone I need (because I can't change it without scene-independence) or some esoteric block for a certain effect.

I know there are a few here who have asked for this, but all my local/personal friends that have either the III or FM3, this is their workflow gripe as well. They don't participate in the forums. Two of my closest friends have reverted back to pedals live because they can't wrap their head around this control switch concept. However, they know how to turn dials and scene independent blocks would give them that.

Yeh, haven't even got mine yet but planning the layout I'm using all 6 just for basic functions I could do on My afx2/mac

12 control switches would solve things, but actually having blocks definable as scene or global blocks woukd be a better solution.

I've never used scenes as I play free-form but I as I need to toggle multiple channels or multiple blocks with 1 button press, I need those Cs.

If blocks could be scene dependant I could use scenes to switch the various channels in one go, keep my fx blocks scene independent so they stay the same state, and Cs then only for multi block toggles.

Yeh, haven't even got mine yet but planning the layout I'm using all 6 just for basic functions I could do on My afx2/mac

12 control switches would solve things, but actually having blocks definable as scene or global blocks woukd be a better solution.

I've never used scenes as I play free-form but I as I need to toggle multiple channels or multiple blocks with 1 button press, I need those Cs.

If blocks could be scene dependant I could use scenes to switch the various channels in one go, keep my fx blocks scene independent so they stay the same state, and Cs then only for multi block toggles.
There are a few wishes for allowing blocks to have the ability to "ignore" scene changes.

That would be what you're looking for...

Back
Top Bottom