[Wish] Minimum of wires, maximum freedom

Thank.
With my level of English is very difficult to convey briefly and clearly my idea.
update
If you do not mind, I would like to see your description of my idea in the relevant topic (wish), and to avoid flooding, close it. And attach a link to this thread so that the discussions take place here.

You can buy a wireless camera and install it so that it captures absolutely everything. But in Russia for buying such a device you can go to jail. Stupid Russian laws.:nomouth:
i'm sorry, but i don't think Fractal will ever build a windows computer into an Axe-Fx III.

i'll just add "wish" to this thread. it has all the information needed.

i'm sorry, but i don't think Fractal will ever build a windows computer into an Axe-Fx III.

i'll just add "wish" to this thread. it has all the information needed.

Windows is a very bad system with a bunch of superfluous function (multifunctionality that takes a lot of CPU time). my laptop also has a bunch of unnecessary devices (keyboard, touchpad, monitor, dvd-rom, etc.), it also slow productivity and raises the price. And if deleted unnecessary devices - we can lower price for user.
And sorry if i was rude.

Windows is a very bad system with a bunch of superfluous function (multifunctionality that takes a lot of CPU time). my laptop also has a bunch of unnecessary devices (keyboard, touchpad, monitor, dvd-rom, etc.), it also slow productivity and raises the price. And if deleted unnecessary devices - we can lower price for user.
And sorry if i was rude.
you have not been rude at all. thank you for the idea.

Reactions: yek
Well, just to point it out, there are customized versions of Windows Embedded, and Windows CE, that exist for specialized applications. Microsoft has always been willing to work with companies to create specialized, simplified versions of Windows for those who want Windows functionality but not ALL of it.

I don't really think that I'd want the Axe-FX to run under Windows but I will say that I would not mind at all if it could have an external monitor connected directly to it, and if that monitor had touch screen functionality, so much the better. Much as I hate to admit to it, the fact is that I'm not even in my 40s anymore and my eyes appreciate larger screens more and more as time goes on. Sticking a good sized monitor on top of my Fractal, to repeat what's on the display, would not make me unhappy at all.

In fact it's for readability purposes that I typically have a laptop connected to my Axe-FX II at all times, running Axe-Edit.

Well, just to point it out, there are customized versions of Windows Embedded, and Windows CE, that exist for specialized applications. Microsoft has always been willing to work with companies to create specialized, simplified versions of Windows for those who want Windows functionality but not ALL of it.

I don't really think that I'd want the Axe-FX to run under Windows but I will say that I would not mind at all if it could have an external monitor connected directly to it, and if that monitor had touch screen functionality, so much the better. Much as I hate to admit to it, the fact is that I'm not even in my 40s anymore and my eyes appreciate larger screens more and more as time goes on. Sticking a good sized monitor on top of my Fractal, to repeat what's on the display, would not make me unhappy at all.

In fact it's for readability purposes that I typically have a laptop connected to my Axe-FX II at all times, running Axe-Edit.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try not to write in my poor English any more, because now generaly idea understandable to the English-speaking audience. But I will gladly read your comments.

Well....the graphical user interface is not something most people would even THINK of getting rid of. Believe me, you don't really want to go back to text based computing.

The two main GUI based environments are Windows on a PC and OS X on Macs. I have both...several of each, actually. Honestly I can very easily get along without my Macs but my PCs are essential to me. I can not say that I am in the category of people who don't want Windows. Actually I LIKE the Windows environment. But specifically Windows 7, nothing newer. I consider 7 to be the (as of yet) apex of Windows. Nothing newer has been anywhere near as good.

Yes, I DO want Windows. And even more than OS X.

Found at a forum of competitors.
"It would be great to see HX Edit on Linux for those of us who have no Windows or Mac computers. Even just a Crossover bottle running the Windows version through WINE would suffice (and require the least amount of effort on Line 6's part)."
My idea solves this problem
Free Willy!!!
Sorry Free OS Platform!
You write 1 remote interface, and free up the time of programmers who adapt software for different OSes

Last edited:
It's so ridiculously easy to pick up a cheap Macbook or PC laptop, why even bother trying to port the software to linux? That would not be cost effective.

I use PCs, desktops and laptops both. I also use Macs, both desktop and Macbook Pros. Really the ONLY purpose for my Macbook pro is to run Axe-Edit and other music software. If it weren't for my interest in music I'd have no reason for owning the Macbook. I sure don't have any interest in getting another machine to run linux on (which I don't even know) when I have plenty of computers already, ones that I know how to run well.

I think a lot of players are just like me in this respect. Most of us don't run linux and don't have any interest in it. Trying to push development toward linux is, in my opinion, an idea that I would not call a good one.

It's so ridiculously easy to pick up a cheap Macbook or PC laptop, why even bother trying to port the software to linux? That would not be cost effective.
I think a lot of players are just like me in this respect. Most of us don't run linux and don't have any interest in it. Trying to push development toward linux is, in my opinion, an idea that I would not call a good one.
I hate my English.:mad:
We write 1 platform for a computer built into the processor.
The user PC can have any OS. The same Linux quietly supports Teamviewer.
Now the manufacturer writes its software for 2 platforms at least.
If we do as I say, then we can write only for the built-in PC
update:
And now let's count the money. How much is a qualified programmer?
you have at least 2 commands for each OS. And needs to pay on schedule. Regardless of the results of commercial activities.
if the team is from 20-30 people. This is how much a month goes? How many related tasks do they perform and how much are they loaded? How much qualitative time can one single skilled programmer allocate, for a good solution to the problem?

Last edited:
And now, let's imagine that a new OS came out without backward compatibility. (update:Of course this is unlikely)
And programmers will write a new software.
In my case, they are almost independent of the OS of the user's computer.
How much man-hours and money?

There's one simple solution for your actual problem: a wide angle webcam. All this complicated stuff is not necessary.
Thank for you feedback. I thought about it. This is an obvious compromise, but I do not like the picture.
Maybe i tried use bad camera.
Second problem
Robotic vacuum pulls the speakers cable - the speakers fell and nearly broke the monitor for $ 1000.
My idea originally appeared from here. After then did I think about the camera.

To be honest. For AxeFX, this idea may be redundant, because Axe is designed for rack mounting. It is more suitable for AX8. But in principle, it is true for both products

Last edited:
XNWAw4vEmSJKQ6rKA2hYZAnIetlYIutvU5lJ2RoO9WVKK6WD83hiy5AKO-xujlfOPfTvHD0fYBnQEjuWIT__2aN0Dqweivv-kQ3H3mU=w267-h200-nc

Reactions: BBN
Given you don’t own any Fractal products, and seemingly have no interest in buying Fractal products, honestly not quite sure what this forum holds for you other than a place to practice your English skills; which I will say are pretty good, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom