Wish Wish List: New Amps

One such Fender Amp I only played once and it blew my skirt way up was a tan Fender with oxblood coloring... and I'm pretty sure it had the unfortunate name of "Tone Master."

I did play a different Bruce Zinky amp in person though, and that was the Zinky Blue Velvet, which was the only thing I cared about for years; that thing was incredible, and it made me feel like I was Steve Lukather. I just remember a pickup attack and articulation like nothing I had experienced. It just felt like the tone was a work of art in itself, and I was just there to guide it toward a melody.

Anybody know if the new 5150 Iconic shares the same topology as the existing 5150 iii?

Seeing as EVH got James Brown back in to design it, I'm wondering what differences are there, as to my ears the amp sounds distinct from both the 5150 iii and the Peavey 5150/6505

Last edited:
Just bumping this Orange OR80/OR120 wish. :)
I bought three OR120/80 amps. One from ‘76, one from ‘79, and one from the early 90’s. The 90’s OR80 Overdrive reissue was hands down the best of the bunch and I sold the other two. I have an open door policy with Cliff and he’s welcome to borrow and model any of my amps. I’d particularly love to see the OR80 and the JCM Slash (Jubilee) modeled.

I bought three OR120/80 amps. One from ‘76, one from ‘79, and one from the early 90’s. The 90’s OR80 Overdrive reissue was hands down the best of the bunch and I sold the other two. I have an open door policy with Cliff and he’s welcome to borrow and model any of my amps. I’d particularly love to see the OR80 and the JCM Slash (Jubilee) modeled.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

+1

Had a '70s OR120 Overdrive that I would like to have been able to keep. The late '80s were a very lean time, and I couldn't afford the quad of EL34s it needed....
The 70’s OR120 Overdrives are cool. I liked my ‘76 and really liked my ‘79 Overdrive Series Two, but the 90’s Reissue OR80 Overdrive was the easy winner of the three. I would flip out if Cliff modeled that amp. It’s got something that no other amp in the unit can do and sounds fantastic with Les Pauls and Telecasters clean, edge of break up, mid gain, and ballsy with just the right amount of gain. I’ve got a 40th Anniversary OR50 that sounds great too, but that one can get a little too gainy… I need to pop a 12at7 in it and see if that makes the gain sweep a little more usable.

The JCM Slash would knock your socks off and make the Jubilee fans really happy since the one in the unit doesn’t sound like an actual Jubilee, plus, it’s cool that you can activate/bypass the diode clipping for different distortion flavors.

Back
Top Bottom