Wish Wish List: New Amps

I know the 5153 Stealth models were recently added....but the 100W EL34 version would be greatly appreciated.
IMO the blue channel on that amp was really not great
The Red is worth having but it so close to the stealth preamp , it’s just slight tweaks and EL34 but all the gain and voicing is coming from the preamp

It is mentioned a few times, but a Peavey JSX would be nice. I’d also like to see a PRS HDX and an either an update to the current Revv Generators to name a few more.
PEAVEY JSX - has unique average frequencies, does not belong to the 5150 family, closer to the modified Marshall, but with the vision of PEAVEY. The LEAD Channel with the Gain Down ... is like the Olyn from the best Grit.

PEAVEY 3120/XXX

IMO the blue channel on that amp was really not great
The Red is worth having but it so close to the stealth preamp , it’s just slight tweaks and EL34 but all the gain and voicing is coming from the preamp
I strongly disagree. I play my 100 watt EL34 through the matching cab and I basically stay on the blue channel. It’s probably one of the best guitar tones I’ve ever experienced.

This isn’t the greatest video but this was a tone I was getting on the 100 watt EL34 and I absolutely love it.

That amp actually had me second guessing if I still needed my BE-100DLX too, but I think they both do enough of different things to justify having them both.

I strongly disagree. I play my 100 watt EL34 through the matching cab and I basically stay on the blue channel. It’s probably one of the best guitar tones I’ve ever experienced.

This isn’t the greatest video but this was a tone I was getting on the 100 watt EL34 and I absolutely love it.

That amp actually had me second guessing if I still needed my BE-100DLX too, but I think they both do enough of different things to justify having them both.

Got any Axe presents that make you that happy?

Got any Axe presents that make you that happy?
For gain tones, not at the moment tbh. I mainly use my Axe FX with a 2203 preset for my church, so a lot of my Axe FX playing is with IEM and tons of effects.

Whenever this uploads, this was a tone I liked with the Dirty Shirley model with a bright switch engaged and I think the Grinder boost going through a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 and a Mojotone Grand Canyon 4x12 with Neo Creambacks and Mojotone BV-60N speakers in an X pattern. I was using my Fender AmPro II Jazzmaster and I thought this ton was filthy 😂

Tbh I haven’t really had a ton of fun jamming high gain stuff unless I’m using a real cab. I haven’t found a setup yet with my studio monitors or FRFR speakers that can beat a 4x12 pushing real air for me.

Last edited:
List of dream amplifiers that are absent at the moment:

TUBE AMP:
1. Omega Obsidian 2.5 (Omega Granophyre)
2. Engl E766 Inferno (Marty Friedman Signature)

3. Engl Fireball 100
----------
  • Engl Savage MKII
----------
  • Bogner Ubershall Ultra
----------
  • Krank Rev1 100 Watt
----------
  • Rivera KR7
  • Rivera Knucklehead KR100
----------
  • PEAVEY JSX
  • PEAVEY 3120/ Peavey XXX
----------
  • Fryette (VH) Pitbull Ultralead

MODERN BOUTIQUE
  • Mezzabarba Trinity
  • Driftwood Purple Nightmare
  • Redseven Leviathan
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SOLID STATE AMP.
1. Randall RG100ES/ RG100HT
2. Randall Warhead X2
3. Holmes Mississippi Bluesmaster

----------
  • Randall V2/T2

Reading this branch of the forum thought that it would be interesting to know the statistics of votes on all AMP in this branch. It would be interesting to arrange a visible vote, giving, for example, 5 votes to one person. if this is of course possible.

Last edited:
was my first amp - ears still have ptsd from it
My parents got my sister a Peavey Raptor and Peavey Rage 158 when she was trying to get into guitar, but she didn’t stick with it so she gave them to me. I’ve still got the Rage under my workbench for a quick test amp.

I actually used it one time for a band practice way back when I was waiting on a 6505+. I had it dimed to try to keep up with two other guitars, a bass, and drums 😂 It’s got too much sentimental value for me now to get rid of it. Ironically it’s the piece of gear I’ve had the longest.

ATM I'm perfectly happy with what I've got and have only scratched the surface, but if I were to wish for another amp to be modelled, it would be the Orange Thunderverb 200.

But only because it was some sort of crazy fever dream to be able to afford and live with a 200 watt head and 4x12 cab in a rather small room... ("It's not a bedsit - it's a flat!") I had no idea, and still don't, why I'd really need it or how I was realistically going to use it, and I was sure that I'd never have the money.

But I'd never have been able to hear the neighbours complain, so... :) Oh, and if you're loud, you're good. Or so I've heard. Or at least I think I did, I couldn't quite understand, as I was playing too loudly well.

List of dream amplifiers that are absent at the moment:

TUBE AMP:
1. Omega Granophyre
2. Engl E766 Inferno (Marty Friedman Signature)

3. Engl Fireball 100
----------
  • Engl Savage MKII
----------
  • Bogner Ubershall Ultra
----------
  • Krank Rev1 100 Watt
----------
  • Rivera KR7
  • Rivera Knucklehead KR100
----------
  • PEAVEY JSX
  • PEAVEY 3120/ Peavey XXX
----------
  • Fryette (VH) Pitbull Ultralead

MODERN BOUTIQUE
  • Mezzabarba Trinity
  • Driftwood Purple Nightmare
  • Redseven Leviathan
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SOLID STATE AMP.
1. Randall RG100ES/ RG100HT
2. Randall Warhead X2
3. Holmes Mississippi Bluesmaster

----------
  • Randall V2/T2

Reading this branch of the forum thought that it would be interesting to know the statistics of votes on all AMP in this branch. It would be interesting to arrange a visible vote, giving, for example, 5 votes to one person. if this is of course possible.
Tell me you play chugga-chugga without telling me you play chugga-chugga ;)

"complete mockery"
In the metal world.
But still some of the other amp models getting in there and still not this one is wild. It's really a horrendous thing to be denied such a basic Randall RG model after all this time and this many people requesting it whereas there's amps in the unit and that nobody has even heard about. You don't find this bizarre?

You are not being clear as to whether you want to take a new vote or whether you are trying to tally existing documented statistics here.

And huh? 5 votes per person? Which persons? Sounds 2020 all over again. 😆

Back
Top Bottom