Wish-List items for the Axe-Fx II (Ultra)

You know what would be really cool? If Cliff took this idea and scrapped the whole AxeFXII thing and went back to the drawing board to integrate it.

Wait...that would probably not be that cool. Actually it would suck out loud.

I just have to ask where in the world he would connect 3 amp relays at? As for strobe tuner...mehh. I've got one and to be honest it's a pain in the butt to read, only important part is that it's accurate and responsive. After 2 days with the eleven rack I can tell you that the Ultra's tuner smoked it in every way imaginable. It's slow and glitchy...to things that aren't good in any tuner. I'd imagine that with a strobe interface though it would look pretty cool while being inaccurate and impossible to use though.

jdolll said:
That could be done with the axe 2, just requires someone to port the code for axe edit to iPad they already have all the core midi compatability.
I always love it when I read "it just requires..." as if it would be an easy task. I doubt that it is:
1. Core midi on iOS has problems with (surprise) sysex transfers. I imagine that will take some time to work around.
2. AxeEdit is written using JUCE, as I understand it. JUCE appears to be basically one guy who almost certainly doesn't have an iPad with midi adapter (the last I heard, he didn't even have an iPad.)
3. Win/OS X are likely pretty stable since there are a lot of users finding bugs on those platforms. On iOS you will essentially be debugging JUCE at the same time you are porting AxeEdit.
4. MIDI support on Win/Mac seems marginal. It'll only be worse on iOS.
5. iOS doesn't make it easy to deal with files, especially when it comes to syncing with your PC or Mac.

That's without looking into it in any detail.

Back
Top Bottom