Wish List forum feedback

Another revision: I broke the list up into different effect categories. I think it's a bit easier to read and find things now. I'll see what else I can clean up later if this works for people.

Man I wish there was a way to make people post WHY they voted the way they did. :x

I know it's not something we can force people to do, and I'm guilty of it myself, but sometimes I wonder why people vote the way they do.

Everything changes but still no adjustable auto(dis)engage..

... and then you get back from holiday...

Just to notice that you can't login and that everything has changed...

Well, I haven't really had time to decide whether I like the new approach, but as some have already pointed out above, it seems to mix up priorities for various requests making it difficult to prioritize.

One of the feature requests being the longest on the original wish list and having some of the strongest support was the "adjustable autoengage/disengage everywhere" option. Nevertheless, due to the new layout it appears to have low support in the new list, although I am still missing that one badly. In fact it is the only missing feature I really "can't live without". Although Cliff has changed the "on value" back and forth a bit he has unfortunately not had resources or motivation to address the issue in substance yet. Nevertheless, I am still hoping! Am I the only one?

I guess I'll have to start a poll for it.

>V<

Re: Everything changes but still no adjustable auto(dis)engage..

vrn said:
Well, I haven't really had time to decide whether I like the new approach, but as some have already pointed out above, it seems to mix up priorities for various requests making it difficult to prioritize.

One of the feature requests being the longest on the original wish list and having some of the strongest support was the "adjustable autoengage/disengage everywhere" option. Nevertheless, due to the new layout it appears to have low support in the new list, although I am still missing that one badly.
I don't know how many people said it mixed up priorities, but I think it highlights the items getting the most support. If you think I should reorder the sublists according to which have the highest support levels, I could do that. That would work against items like the auto(dis)engage though, which haven't been voted on here yet.

On that note, I'm not sure why you think the auto(dis)engage appears to have low support. It was still at the top of Modifier list (where it was left at the end of the last wish list). Since it didn't have a link, that means it wasn't being voted on here yet. At worst, it was simply ranked evenly with most everything else in the list. It still had top billing though.

I guess I'll have to start a poll for it.
That is exactly what you should do if you want to see something highlighted! :)
I have enough work in maintaining the list, so I can't be creating polls for everything. If nobody creates a poll, it must not be very high priority for them. If something is important to you, make a poll for it, make your argument and gather support. While it isn't perfect, I think the system is working pretty well. In fact, I think this format is working much better than the old format.

Hi Scarr,

Thank you for bothering commenting and thank you for the enormous work you put into the thread(s).

Of course you are right, the new format is more detailed and may in the end allow for better and more objective ranking. It was just kind'a frustrating to have to "start all over" lobbying for the feature (and to have to re-register for the new forum first btw). Do you have any kind of feedback from Cliff regarding how he prioritizes his resources, i.e. does he use the list at all?

Anyway, as you'll notice I have started a poll for adjustable autoengage/off-anywhere and obviously I hope for strong support. I guess, since it ranked high in the old list, it will get its share of attention. I was actually a little in doubt how to do the poll correctly, since originally the feature was split into two features "adjutable on" and "off everywhere", but I decided in the end to promote my original idea. How do you like it?

Best regards,

>V<

Things that ranked high before are still getting a lot of support here. With the yes/no options, we get some more resolution in the data as well. It's worth noting that there wasn't really any lobbying with the old list and that it would've been reset soon (I'm guessing) with 6.0 anyway, so nothing has really been lost. Since this is a forum now, it shouldn't need to be reset anymore either. I'll just move things about in the master list as needed.

Another nice part of this setup is it's easy for similar-but-different ideas to go head-to-head. You can make your idea/poll (which you did well with). If someone doesn't wants a different type of control, they can either add it to the thread about your idea, or if it is significantly different, create another thread/poll for it. As it's up to Cliff in the end, I think it's best to list generic, but specific features for your poll (like I just posted the "bitcrusher" thread), and then leave the details up to ideas in the thread and/or Cliff.

While I have no official feedback from Cliff on the list, I think he'd be a fool not to pay at least some attention to it. We're coming up with new, innovative ideas for him, and giving data on whether people are interested in those features or not. We've seen previous wish list items get implemented in the past, so there isn't any reason to believe the list is being ignored.

Onother wish

Hi, I have another wish for the new firmware:
Making the drive-parameter of the amp-block controllable by ext. controller or Midi CC oder pedal!!

Det

Re: Onother wish

Det said:
Making the drive-parameter of the amp-block controllable by ext. controller or Midi CC oder pedal!!

Det
Normally, you should start a new thread for a new wish. On this one, I'll save you the trouble. ;) It has been noted many times that the DRIVE control has too many calculations associated with it to allow for real time control. It won't happen, so there's no real reason to start a thread for it.

scarr said:
Det said:

Det
Normally, you should start a new thread for a new wish. On this one, I'll save you the trouble. ;) It has been noted many times that the DRIVE control has too many calculations associated with it to allow for real time control. It won't happen, so there's no real reason to start a thread for it.

Thanks Scarr and javajunkie!! Sorry, next time I visit the wiki-page before I vote a new wish, o.K.?

Regards
Det

Det said:
scarr said:
Det said:

Det

Thanks Scarr and javajunkie!! Sorry, next time I visit the wiki-page before I vote a new wish, o.K.?

Regards
Det
Don't worry about it. While I heartily encourage Wiki research, this topic was bound to pop up in here (and I suspect this won't be the last). :)

I caught up on the Wish List posts and added some colo(u)r highlights for the stuff that was getting a lot of votes. 30+ gets orange, 50+ vermillion. Amazingly, one (very crafty :p) request needed that! I'll save full red for something more.

I also added a second post to the main list that will cover "asked and answered" type things. A "FAQ" for the Wish List, if you will. I put a couple recent examples in there, but I can link older stuff if I'm reminded that we have threads for it in here. I guess I could link out of the subforum to posts that explain why it won't happen too.

Drive block suggestions

I apologize if this has already been posted and I suppose any list like this is for all practical purposes is endless. But here is my drive block wish list.

OCD (I have vs1 and it is the best pedal I have ever owned.)

Zen Drive

Love Pedal.

King of Tone

Xotic AC, BB, RC,

Metronome

I don't check back here as often as I should, so you can throw vegetables at me if this has already been talked to death. I saw it on the master wish list so I just want to put in a vote for a metronome with a click sound(no beep) sent to the outputs as a separate sound so you can keep playing whatever patch you are on. You could hide it in the tempo menu...looks like there's room for a page.... also volume control and what the hell.. why not a modifier on the volume. That would be great for warming up, especially through headphones, before gigs, late night practice, ect..

Thanks!

Re: Metronome

MarkR said:
I don't check back here as often as I should, so you can throw vegetables at me if this has already been talked to death. I saw it on the master wish list so I just want to put in a vote for a metronome with a click sound(no beep) sent to the outputs as a separate sound so you can keep playing whatever patch you are on. You could hide it in the tempo menu...looks like there's room for a page.... also volume control and what the hell.. why not a modifier on the volume. That would be great for warming up, especially through headphones, before gigs, late night practice, ect..

Thanks!
Agreed. It's possible to make it with a synth block, volume control, and sequencer, but it's a pain to do it for every preset.

Could be possible to create some kind of shortcut in the advanced page of the amp block to restore the default values of the diverse parameters hosted there?

Cheers.

Cthulhu said:
Could be possible to create some kind of shortcut in the advanced page of the amp block to restore the default values of the diverse parameters hosted there?

Cheers.

Turn the amp type to another type then back. It will restore the default advanced parameters.

hey, scarr, what abaut the infinity sustainer and the delay preamp like korg sdd3000 or triad?

There are a lot of replays wishing it.

Hi,

Voodoo amps themselves have posted once in the wishlist. Maybe Cliff could work with Voodoo as voodoo has said.

Orange, Voodoo modified amps such as the Boogies, Marshalls etc, Engl Savage i've seen are wished most for . These are super high-gain stuff wished for by many in the wish list.

Back
Top Bottom