WISH: Channel Modifier

Yes, I get that but that would get too cumbersome IMHO. Anyway, good to brainstorm :)

Yes, I get that but that would get too cumbersome IMHO. Anyway, good to brainstorm :)

Well, you have to do the linking/grouping/associating *somewhere* :)

Also, if it's part of the FC, then you can set it up globally which may be desirable.

It looks like Helix 2.8 is getting block exemption for scenes:

• Per-Block Snapshot BypassSelect a block and press ACTION. Turn Knob 5 (Snapshot Bypass) to "Off" to disable snapshot control of that block's bypass state. "On" remains the default for all blocks
This just seems unnecessary to me. You can already have a blocks' state be whatever you want it to be in any scene. What am I missing?

This just seems unnecessary to me. You can already have a blocks' state be whatever you want it to be in any scene. What am I missing?

People just work different ways. Personally, I almost never use scenes at all. I've spent most of my life using a few pedals in front of a single channel amp. My main workflow doesn't really require me to switch more than one effect on/off at any time in a song so scenes are just unnecessary planning for me.

I get it. So my OP is geared for people like you, a more traditional type of rig - not having to use scenes (I only use them for more complex changes). Have your effects laid out, tap to change your amp/cab channels (clean, dirty, crunch, lead etc).

I get it. So my OP is geared for people like you, a more traditional type of rig - not having to use scenes (I only use them for more complex changes). Have your effects laid out, tap to change your amp/cab channels (clean, dirty, crunch, lead etc).

Sure. But I never change amps during a song either :)

Sure. But I never change amps during a song either :)
Not my intention either, never said i wanted to change amp/cab setup during a song although you certainly could. The intent is to use a single "meat & potatoes" preset to accomplish clean, crunch, lead tones and any effect you may need. In the style of a traditional rig. Amp channels and stomp boxes.

I know this has been briefly mentioned but here's the wish; Channel Modifiers so we could use Control switches to change channels. This way we could setup an amp and cab (or whatever) to change together.

+1
and yes I know there are lots of ways to skin the cat but the simplest for dummies like me, no reflection on OP!, is a modifier for Channel (actually as lazy as I am be nice if there was one for Scene especially now that we have a lot more flex in adding and using switches to FC's but that's a bridge too far)

Back
Top Bottom