Wish: Axe-Edit custom amp block reset

craiguitar

Power User
I know it's probably been requested before.

I'd like axe Edit to have an option to custom re-set the amp block after firmware updates etc.
Ideally there'd be a customisable list of parameter settings to retain (similar to that little non-Fractal bit of software that also does this). Also, perhaps the following other options:

1. Retain all values 'per page' in the edit block. So for example you can retain all values in the main page, or the EQ page etc.
2. Allow this to apply to X/Y and amp 1 / 2.

3. Axe-Edit Remember those settings / be able apply to all amp blocks in all presets.

I know it's probably been requested before.

I'd like axe Edit to have an option to custom re-set the amp block after firmware updates etc.
Ideally there'd be a customisable list of parameter settings to retain (similar to that little non-Fractal bit of software that also does this). Also, perhaps the following other options:

1. Retain all values 'per page' in the edit block. So for example you can retain all values in the main page, or the EQ page etc.
2. Allow this to apply to X/Y and amp 1 / 2.

3. Axe-Edit Remember those settings / be able apply to all amp blocks in all presets.

+ 1 on this request Cliff!

Something like that would save me literally hundreds of hours updating the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack for each firmware!

Would definitely be nice. With one caveat though. Definitely have a couple of WARNING and CONFIM YOU WANT TO DO THIS screens. :)

I can see it now. "Hey! I wanted to update one parameter on 2 presets and the damn thing updated all 700+" etc etc etc.

Last edited:
+1

Huge time saver and huge worry saver.

I always have to plan for the right amount of time before upgrading fw for preset updates just to manually go through, make screenshots, export to CSV, diff, etc. to see what is new / reset / whacked after an update.

This assumes that tweaks you made in previous firmware will sound the same in the new firmware. And that ain't necessarily so.

I don't generally touch advanced params, but I do use a few like the Comp a lot. I'd rather be re-tweaking from my previous settings than from default.

This assumes that tweaks you made in previous firmware will sound the same in the new firmware. And that ain't necessarily so.

Those tweaks made in previous firmwares may still be pretty close to what the user is after in the newer firmware, or indeed sound even better/improved. The existing settings are a better starting point on my 70+ presets than to be forced to reinitialise the amp blocks in all of them in order to take advantage of the developments in a new release. All the same, like others I tend not to deep edit the advanced parameters, they stay pretty much as is, but I do mess with the GEQ page and one or two basic settings which I'd rather not go back and re-set after an update.

Back
Top Bottom