Wireless USB extender

SilverBoss

Friends, hello, everyone!

Do you have any ideas how to organize wireless connection between Fractal FM3 processor and PC? At the same time I would like to keep the maximum data rate for recording in DAW and to be able to edit presets in the editor.
The ideal solution would be a device the size of a USB-Doungle that plugs into the USB slot of the Fractal FM3 and connects over the air to the computer. Something like a wireless USB extender. This would keep many people safe from USB damage due to static voltage and other issues that kill the chip in the processor.

Я знаю наверняка, что разрабатывался стандарт Wireless-USB, но я не смог найти ни одного устройства такого типа. Существуют также устройства USB через Wi-Fi, но, к сожалению, я не смог найти ни одного аппаратного устройства. Существуют устройства Wireless-MIDI, но, к сожалению, они могут передавать команды MIDI-CC с очень ограниченной скоростью, но вполне возможно передавать данные с компьютера на процессор или устанавливать прошивку. Такое устройство MIDI не будет работать с DAW.

I know for a fact that a Wireless-USB standard was being developed, but I couldn't find any device of this type. There are also USB over Wi-Fi devices, but unfortunately I couldn't find any hardware devices either. There are Wireless-MIDI devices, but unfortunately they can transmit MIDI-CC commands with very limited speed, but it is quite possible to transfer data from computer to processor or install firmware. Such MIDI device will not work with DAW.

Friends, hello, everyone!

Do you have any ideas how to organize wireless connection between Fractal FM3 processor and PC? At the same time I would like to keep the maximum data rate for recording in DAW and to be able to edit presets in the editor.
The ideal solution would be a device the size of a USB-Doungle that plugs into the USB slot of the Fractal FM3 and connects over the air to the computer. Something like a wireless USB extender. This would keep many people safe from USB damage due to static voltage and other issues that kill the chip in the processor.
Oh yes, there is ....

Have a look here ...

https://www.cme-pro.com/support/

My personal experience:
Works fine for MIDI PC and CC.
Not so suitable for MIDI clock IMO. Because of Bluetooth MIDI Clock is not very stable and "flutters".

I know for a fact that a Wireless-USB standard was being developed, but I couldn't find any device of this type. There are also USB over Wi-Fi devices, but unfortunately I couldn't find any hardware devices either. There are Wireless-MIDI devices, but unfortunately they can transmit MIDI-CC commands with very limited speed, but it is quite possible to transfer data from computer to processor or install firmware. Such MIDI device will not work with DAW.
Here is some reading material on this subject.
WIDI and FM3

On another aspect, I would never do any firmware updates wirelessly on any piece of equipment.

Back
Top Bottom