Wireless Midi?

Yes, those kind of products are the ones I'm asking about. I don't really know anything about Midi yet, but my interest was piqued about going wireless for a floor controller. It seems the Maudio version is only one direction only? My thought is that you would have to have a bi-directional communication between the floor controller and the Axe. Am I right?

Thanks,
-J

jumperboy said:
It seems the Maudio version is only one direction only?

Yes, it is one direction only.
That is not just the M-Audio though, the others are also one direction only.
If you want 2-way communication you'd need 2 kits, one for each direction.

jumperboy said:
My thought is that you would have to have a bi-directional communication between the floor controller and the Axe. Am I right?

No, you don't need 2-way communication. You may or may not want it.
Depending on your floor controller and use it may be convenient or completely useless to have t-way communication but it's not neccesary.

With a Gordius, Liquid Foot or maybe one day an MFC101 you'd want 2-way but with all others it would be pointless as they don't do anything with the information the Axe-Fx sends back anyway (and the Axe-Fx doesn't send anything they can use).

S.R.

Hmm looks intreasting so if i was just changing patches it would work, I wonder why i havent seen these in peoples rigs? Seems like a good idea.

srooijens said:
jumperboy said:
It seems the Maudio version is only one direction only?

Yes, it is one direction only.
That is not just the M-Audio though, the others are also one direction only.
If you want 2-way communication you'd need 2 kits, one for each direction.

jumperboy said:
My thought is that you would have to have a bi-directional communication between the floor controller and the Axe. Am I right?

No, you don't need 2-way communication. You may or may not want it.
Depending on your floor controller and use it may be convenient or completely useless to have t-way communication but it's not neccesary.

With a Gordius, Liquid Foot or maybe one day an MFC101 you'd want 2-way but with all others it would be pointless as they don't do anything with the information the Axe-Fx sends back anyway (and the Axe-Fx doesn't send anything they can use).

S.R.

Ahh... That would be a solution if I wanted not only to switch patches, but also display tuner and/or patch names... OK, thanks for the info.

-J

At first this sounds like a great idea... then when you consider all the extra crap you'd need cluttering up the floor, the MIDI cable w/ phantom power running back to the rack looks pretty damn good!

send.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwbtljhDS0

sebby123 said:
Hmm looks intreasting so if i was just changing patches it would work, I wonder why i havent seen these in peoples rigs? Seems like a good idea.

Probably because the standard of excellence for all these $150+ units is a $15 cable.

stevieray said:
sebby123 said:

Probably because the standard of excellence for all these $150+ units is a $15 cable.

You have a good point :D

Back
Top Bottom